OAK FLOORING BRISTOL. FLOORING BRISTOL

Oak Flooring Bristol. Laminate Wood Flooring Bathroom. Make Hardwood Floors Shine.

Oak Flooring Bristol


oak flooring bristol
    oak flooring
  • Red, white, lacquered and brushed oak flooring finishes.
    bristol
  • Bristol is a city, unitary authority area and ceremonial county in South West England, west of London, and east of Cardiff. With an estimated population of 433,100 for the unitary authority in 2009,
  • A city in southwestern England; pop. 370,300. It is located on the Avon River about 6 miles (10 km) from the Bristol Channel
  • A township in southeastern Pennsylvania, on the Delaware River; pop. 55,521
  • Bristol+ is a partnership board made up of media, creative and technology professionals, politicians and local government officers in Bristol, England.
  • An industrial city and township in west central Connecticut; pop. 60,062
  • an industrial city and port in southwestern England near the mouth of the River Avon
oak flooring bristol - Bristol 2-1/4"
Bristol 2-1/4" Solid Red Oak in Butterscotch
Bristol 2-1/4" Solid Red Oak in Butterscotch
CB326 Specifications: -Species: Red Oak. -Color: Butterscotch. -Construction: Solid. -Installation Type: Nail Down. -Edge: Eased Edge / Square Ends. -Prefinished: Yes. -Finish Type: Dura-Luster Plus Finish. -Width: 2.25''. -Length: 9'' - 84''. -Thickness: 0.75''. -Square Feet per Carton: 20 sq ft. Related Trim -Quarter Round: T7426S. -T-Molding: TMSROBC6045. -Reducer: T7226. -Threshold: T9726S. -Stairnose: T7326. -Base/Shoe: T7726. -Filler: FILA26. -Overlap Stair: N/A. -Overlap Reducer: N/A. -Touch-Up Kit: TKU100. Warranty: -Residential: 50 Years. -Commercial: N/A. In order to maintain warranty & integrity of the floor, Bruce recommends the use of only Bruce branded products like underlayment, pads, moldings and installation kits as needed with every job.

84% (14)
Ye Shakespeare Victoria Street Bristol BS1
Ye Shakespeare Victoria Street Bristol BS1
Ye Shakespeare, in what is now Victoria Street, is undoubtedly an old building and the date 1636, put on sometime this century, probably refers to the year it was built. There is no record, however, of when the first licence was actually granted for its use as an inn. When Sketchley printed his 1775 Directory he makes no mention of Ye Shakespeare in what was then Temple Street, though he does list seventeen other inns in that over-crowded street. There was a Shakespeare in Prince Street in 1776 kept by John Farrell, a victualler and boat keeper, who, when he occupied the premises, took lodgers, but the house was not erected as an Inn or a boarding establishment but as a private residence. Oddly enough there is but one Inn at Stratford-on-Avon named after the poet. It is possible that the house in Temple Street was used as an inn but under another name. A change of name was a frequent occurrence with many hostelries and it makes the certain indentification of many premises extremely difficult. Still, this fine seventeenth century house stands fronting a busy thoroughfare as it has done for three hundred years and there is no reason to believe that it was ever anything but an inn. Ye Shakespeare originally stood in Temple Street, one of the two main roads out of the city. In 1871 Victoria Street was cut across at that point to ease the traffic congestion and at the same time the houses to the right of the inn were demolished to make a way into Church Lane by Temple Church. The fabric of Temple Church was badly damaged during the blitz but the shell remains and the leaning tower overshadows Ye Shakespeare as it has done for centuries. Temple Church, though a ruin, is well worth a visit. It is an interesting experience to walk around this well-preserved precinct and remember that this was the church of the prosperous fourteenth-century weavers containing their ancient Guild Chapel and serving an area noted for its fullers, dyers, weavers and tuckers employed in the cloth trade which once flourished here. The most unusual part of the church is its leaning tower, 113 feet high but five feet out of true. Begun in 1300, the tower subsided when it was half-built and work was suspended for sixty years. This gave rise to the fiction that the tower subsided because it was built on woolsacks. It was indeed metaphorically, but not literally, built on woolsacks; the money from the wealthy wool-trading area provided the funds for building this lovely tower. There must have been a close connection between the church and the house especially in the days when St Paul’s Fair was held in the streets and fields near the church. The Fair was immensely popular and the whole of Bristol would turn out to enjoy the festivities. In 1666 the Bristol Grammar School wrote down its rules and regulations and felt it necesary to include the provision for leave of absence on the usual holy days and 'for the first two days of Paul’s fair.' Incidentally, the fair was not held in 1665, when the Council recorded that, 'for the better prevention of the danger of infection by the plague, resolved that a humble petition be presented to the King’s Majesty for prohibiting the keeping of Saint Paul’s Fair.' We know that John Wesley often preached in Temple Church before his ‘methodism’ alienated him from the Anglican church. There is a tradition that he stabled his horse in the inn’s yard and this could be founded on fact. An old inn, however, attracts legends like a candleflame attracts moths, but no one should take seriously the Dick Turpin legend which is associated with the inn. Turpin may have once ridden to York, but he seldom strayed far from Finchley Common, and there is no record that he ever passed through Bristol. The inn is on one of the principal approaches to the city and it must have witnessed the exits and entrances of many important people but they were never in danger of meeting this particular highwayman on their journeys. There were at least three other Shakespeare inns in Bristol by the eighteenth century but we don’t know when this particular inn was given its name. Legend attributes its name to an alleged visit by Shakespeare himself when the Lord Chamberlain’s Company of players visited Bristol. Again, there is no evidence to lead us to believe that the Bard was among the players who performed at the Guildhall and in any case he died in 1616, twenty years before the house was apparently built. What is true is that Edward Colston, the great philanthropist, was born in Temple Street, a few houses away from the inn, in 1636. It’s a pity the inn wasn’t named after Colston, a man whose name is synonymous with generosity and whose school, almshouse and society all bear witness to the charity of this man of Temple. The external appearance of the inn has remained much the same over the centuries. The imposing half-timbered facade, the two storeys with bays and a single large overhanging gable, and the oak doors are part
St.Peters Hospital Bristol BS1
St.Peters Hospital Bristol BS1
St.Peters Hospital this magnificent building was lost during the blitz of WW2. 1697 The Mint St. Peters Hospital opened as a workhouse and Infirmary for the sick poor. It kept that function for 200 years and also became an Asylum for pauper lunatics. 1939-1945 Second World War. Several medical establishments destroyed including St Peters Hospital, Castle Street. The Castle Park area of the city, which is now mainly open parkland with the remains of St Peters church still standing. Prior to the severe bombing, the area was densely populated with 17th century houses and formed the major shopping district of the city. The churches of St Mary-le Port and St Peter stood in between the narrow streets of tall buildings and remains of both can still be visited. The castle area is also home to the remains of the old Bristol castle, which dates back to the 12th century. The castle keep on the far side of the park can still be viewed. St Peters hospital also once stood in this area until it was destroyed on 24th November 1940. The building was a fine timber framed Tudor house built in 1612. It became a coin mint and then in 1698 it became a hospital for the sick and poor. During the 1930s it was used as the Register Office for birth, deaths and marriages. 1612 - Aldworth had the premises extensively altered and transformed into a fine Tudor building, and it became known as the Sugar House. At this time the frontage was altered to the part of the building facing St Peter's Church, not the Floating Harbour. The fourth (lower and smaller) bay was added, this originally being a separate house. None of the bays were identical, but Aldworth unified them with decorative facades. Each floor cantilevered forward over the one below, supported by ugly corbels. The sills of the generous bay windows were supported by carved brackets. Bargeboards and fascias were carved elaborately and beside and above each gable window were decorative plaster arches. 1634 - Ownership passed from Aldworth to his nephew, Giles Elbridge (who continued the sugar refining business). 1696 - The government of the time intimated that a mint could be established in Bristol if a fitting building could be provided. The Corporation obtained possession of these premises for this purpose and it was a mint for about eighteen months. Many millions of shillings and sixpences were coined. 1698 -The mint closed and the building was purchased by the Bristol Board of Guardians for ?800 and converted to a workhouse, called The Purgatory. During this period the adjoining property (two bays with gables) was purchased from William Perm and this was used as a hospital for the sick poor for over a century. 1823 - The premises were still owned by the Board of Guardians, but its usage became administrative, though it also had a small bakery. In 1832 the workhouse was no longer needed - a larger workhouse having opened at Stapleton - and by 1890 it was used purely for administration. 1900 - The Register Office occupied part of the ground floor, but the main part of the premises was still occupied by the Board of Guardians. Following formation of the Public Assistance Committee in 1930, the Board of Guardians no longer existed and the former occupied the building. In 1937 the Public Assistance Committee became the Social Welfare Committee. The approach to the building from Peter Street, with its ornate carvings on the exterior walls and small (approx 8in x 4in) leaded windows, was along a stone-flagged path. On each side of the path were tombstones of prominent citizens who had been buried over a period of many years. The rear of the building, which had vehicle access via double gates at the top of Back of Bridge Street, abutted the Floating Harbour. The basement of the building (which was at ground level at the back, with a courtyard area overlooking the Floating Harbour) contained a store for the old records built up over a period of some fifty years (all destroyed on 24 November 1940). On the ground floor was the Register Office (situated in the corner nearest the path from Peter Street), waiting rooms, Collector's Department, Records Department, committee rooms and staff kitchen and lounge. The first floor was the hub of the Social Welfare Committee's activities containing the main offices, Old Court Room, New Board Room, waiting room and Chairman's room. The top floor was the caretaker's living accommodation. Weddings at the Register Office were popular for two particular reasons: on leaving the building the footpath took the bride and groom past the main entrance to St Peter's Church, so it appeared as though they had had a church wedding! Also, junior staff who worked for the Social Welfare Committee were frequently called upon to act as a witness to a wedding — mainly for those couples who wanted to keep it in the dark from family and friends — for a fee of 2s or 2s 6d, a considerable amount in the 1930s. People from all over the world visited this histor

oak flooring bristol
oak flooring bristol
Bristol 2-1/4" Solid Red/White Oak in Gunstock
CB321 Specifications: -Species: Red / White Oak. -Color: Gunstockl. -Construction: Solid. -Installation Type: Nail Down. -Edge: Eased Edge / Square Ends. -Prefinished: Yes. -Finish Type: Dura-Luster Plus Finish. -Width: 2.25''. -Length: 9'' - 84''. -Thickness: 0.75''. -Square Feet per Carton: 20 sq ft. Related Trim -Quarter Round: T741S. -T-Molding: TMSROGU6045. -Reducer: T721R. -Threshold: THSROGU6055. -Stairnose: T731-78. -Base/Shoe: T771. -Filler: FILA11. -Overlap Stair: N/A. -Overlap Reducer: N/A. -Touch-Up Kit: TKU100. Warranty: -Residential: 50 Years. -Commercial: N/A. In order to maintain warranty & integrity of the floor, Bruce recommends the use of only Bruce branded products like underlayment, pads, moldings and installation kits as needed with every job.

See also:
1 bhk floor plan
hummel floor sander for sale
damp concrete floor
recycled oak flooring
killing floor dedicated server commands
blood on the dance floor pics michael jackson
building a second floor
home gym floor
engineered wood flooring prices
Comments