March 1, 2014
Thanks for visiting my home page. As you can see, to the
right side, "News:" includes recent events, such as my Israeli, Houston, and Japan trips. Please give me feedback about how I can make the site more useful.
- Presentation to the Tulane School of Social Work's Global Programs
- Presentation to the SPIM Conference in New Orleans (Mock & Figley, 2014)
- Presentations in Japan
- Presentation on systemic trauma in Tel Aviv
- Israeli - New Orleans Collaboration on Emergency Medicine, Session on Traumatic Stress Injury and Resilience
- ISTSS, Philadelphia, November 2013
Resilience Building lecture in Australia
- Ungliest Street/Road Contest
- Hackers Heart, an essay
- First Do No Self-Harm: Understanding and Promoting Physician Stress Resilience available soon
- New Jersey State Conference on Post Disaster Behavioral Health Presentation
- Tulane Talk at Mrs. Cowen's Salon
- Workshop on Treating Traumatic Stress Injuries
- Mark Russell comes to Tulane!
- January 2013 Greeting
- Trauma Thursdays -- Free Pizza! Send this link to your colleagues.
- Academic Freedom
- Presentation at Tulane University on the Disaster Conference in Japan
- Training in 2013
- Turkey January 2013
- National Defense Flaw Paper 1997
- Japan 2012: Resilience with Setbacks and Pitfalls
- Repression does not hurt us!
- "Adapting to Violent Death: The Case of the Combat Medic," by Charles Figley at the Traumatic Grief after Violent Death Conference at Tulane University, New Orleans, May 4, 2012.
- The webinar, “When Helping Hurts: The Impact of Helping Traumatized Girls,” was held April 24th at 2pm CST and presented by Charles Figley, PhD. of Tulane University. See flyer for more information.
- First draft of the entire volume of my new book on physician stress resilience!
- Keynote at the IDMH Annual Conference at the State University of New York's (New Paltz Campus).
- And a workshop: Disaster Leadership Capacity Building
- Presentation at Barry University on family trauma adaptation.
- Part of the recently approved graduate course in the Disaster Resilience Leadership Sciences Program at Tulane University's Disaster Resilience Leadership Academy, New Orleans.
- Study of combat medics under way.
- Encyclopedia of Trauma in the invitation to contributors phase.
- Tulane University Disaster Resilience Leadership Sciences Academy studying H1N1, Haiti, and soon the Chilen Earthquake
- New Blog content
| || |