May 17, 2015
My sabbatical starts on June 1st. A sabbatical is a period of time faculty are given time away from their daily work activities for a semester or two that will have the effect of improving their productivity -- in quality or quantity or both. I believe it will be a great opportunity to catch up on my writing and inventing, including developing more graduate programs and courses.
- August 19th ABC/AP story about a racing star's grief.
- August 18th --The Times-Picayune article about "Tulane's 'Trauma!' course offers new approach to online learning."
- August 15th -Interview with West Coast Trauma Project -
- August 7, 2014 APA Presentation -- see Self-care for Psychologist
- July 14th Interviewed by Fox TV affiliate in New Orleans, WGNO on Police Officers accused of domestic violence twice in one week.
- July 1st, Greeted visiting South Korean journalists seeking training in trauma response and compassion fatigue.
- July 1st will roll out (for Tulane Students) our Massive Open Online Course (MOOC), Trauma! with the video game, TraumaQuest!
- Received an honoray degree and spoke at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice Graduation in New York City
- Encyclopedia of Trauma wins two prestigious awards from librarians.
- Trauma-informed Patient and Practitioner Care. Invited lecture, Ochsner Medical Center Graduate Medical Education Program, New Orleans, March 24.
- Presentation to the Tulane School of Social Work's Global Programs
- Presentation to the SPIM Conference in New Orleans (Mock & Figley, 2014)
- Presentations in Japan
- Presentation on systemic trauma in Tel Aviv
- Israeli - New Orleans Collaboration on Emergency Medicine, Session on Traumatic Stress Injury and Resilience
- ISTSS, Philadelphia, November 2013
Resilience Building lecture in Australia
- Ungliest Street/Road Contest
- Hackers Heart, an essay
- First Do No Self-Harm: Understanding and Promoting Physician Stress Resilience available soon
- Penn State Forum
- New Jersey State Conference on Post Disaster Behavioral Health Presentation
- Tulane Talk at Mrs. Cowen's Salon
- Workshop on Treating Traumatic Stress Injuries
- Mark Russell comes to Tulane!
- January 2013 Greeting
- Trauma Thursdays -- Free Pizza! Send this link to your colleagues.
- Academic Freedom
- Presentation at Tulane University on the Disaster Conference in Japan
- Training in 2013
- Turkey January 2013
- National Defense Flaw Paper 1997
- Japan 2012: Resilience with Setbacks and Pitfalls
- Repression does not hurt us!
- "Adapting to Violent Death: The Case of the Combat Medic," by Charles Figley at the Traumatic Grief after Violent Death Conference at Tulane University, New Orleans, May 4, 2012.
- The webinar, “When Helping Hurts: The Impact of Helping Traumatized Girls,” was held April 24th at 2pm CST and presented by Charles Figley, PhD. of Tulane University. See flyer for more information.
- First draft of the entire volume of my new book on physician stress resilience!
- Keynote at the IDMH Annual Conference at the State University of New York's (New Paltz Campus).
- Brian Bride takes over as Editor of Traumatology!
- And a workshop: Disaster Leadership Capacity Building
- Presentation at Barry University on family trauma adaptation.
- Part of the recently approved graduate course in the Disaster Resilience Leadership Sciences Program at Tulane University's Disaster Resilience Leadership Academy, New Orleans.
- Study of combat medics under way.
- Encyclopedia of Trauma in the invitation to contributors phase.
- Tulane University Disaster Resilience Leadership Sciences Academy studying H1N1, Haiti, and soon the Chilen Earthquake
- New Blog content