To advance a career in public librarianship utilizing skills obtained through working in the fast paced customer-oriented environment of a bookstore as well as the multi-faceted environment of a branch library. These include commitment to service, strong customer service skills, independently motivated, ability to work well with others, experience with various internal and external databases, proficiency with Office programs, and knowledge of books.
Greensboro Public Library: Glenwood Branch, Greensboro NC (November 2004-present)
Library Services Assistant
· Perform daily operating procedures—circulation, reference services, answering phones, computer and copier assistance, making appointments and referrals, cash handling.
· Collection Development—processing materials (new, damaged, and old) merchandising, assessment, Collection Development Service Team member.
· Developed and implemented an ongoing multi-generational knitting program.
· Liaison to GPL’s Information Technology Department.
Barnes & Noble Booksellers, Greensboro, NC (May 1999-December 2004)
Lead Bookseller and Bookseller
· Perform daily operating procedures—customer service, cashiering, end of day cash procedures.
· Inventory maintenance—inventory counts, merchandising, processing vendor returns.
· Supervise and train booksellers in conjunction with the management team.
Related Volunteer Experience
Greensboro Public Library, Greensboro NC (2008-2009)
Mentorship with Collection Development Librarian, Sherrie Antonowizc
· Assist with special projects.
· Individual training on facets of the position such as selection, acquisition, database subscriptions.
Guilford Technical Community College, Jamestown Campus, Jamestown NC (Fall 2008)
· Reference services, answering phones, computer and fax assistance.
· Deselecting of old materials and assist in development of deselecting plan.
Greensboro Public Library, Greensboro NC (2005-2006)
Tutor in English for Speakers of Other Languages
· Developed and implemented lessons for three students to improve English communication.
Masters in Library and Information Studies from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro (May 2010)
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Art History from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro (December 2003)
· Member of Eta Sigma Phi, Classical Studies Honor Society.
· Recipient of Katherine Smith Reynolds and Jastrow Scholarships.