I have over 12 years of experience in IT software industry.
Throughout my carrier I gained experience in few different fields within software industry. Among them are software & web development, mobile application & WAP development, mobile short-code campaign development, testing & QA, web & graphic designing, photo editing, animations, motions graphics, video production & editing, technical & non-technical documentation, lecturing, training, administration and management. I get involved in full software development life cycle thus I gained vast amount of experience at each level.
Web Designing: Flash, Dreamweaver
Graphic Designing: Photoshop, ImageReady, CorelDraw, PageMaker
Software Development: Visual Basic (.NET & 6), Progress,Pascal, C, C++, Crystal Report, OOP
Database: MySQL, MS SQL Server 2000, MS Access, Progress, AlphaFive
Operating Systems: Mac OS, MS Windows, Linux – Ubuntu, Thaprobane, Redhat, MS DOS
Hardware: Sound knowledge in computer assembling, upgrading and software installation, General knowledge in networking and Windows Server configurations
Technical Writing: Help Systems/Documents,User Manuals,Technical Documents on Software Systems, SEO Articles, Project Proposals etc
Other:Apache, IIS, ODBC , OLEDB, ADO , Active X, COM, DCOM, CSS, XML, Seagate Crystal Report
- Web Design & Development
- Mobile App development
- Content Management Systems (Development, Installations, Maintenance)
- Online Management Systems (Hotel booking, Accounting, Human Resource etc)
TVE Asia Pacific – Nugegoda, Sri Lanka (January, 2006 - November 2007)
Duties in Brief
- Fully responsible for organizations all online functionalities.
- Development & Maintenance of organizations’ public web sites.
- Developing online (internet based) solutions for organizations’
Following are the websites/DBMS systems that I have developed completely from the sketch;
- Film Information System - handsonasia.org/fis
- TVEAP Broadcast Offers System -tveap.org/offers/index.php
- STP Voting system - savingtheplanet.tv/voting/user_login.php
- Broadcast Contact Details System - handsonasia.org/bcd/
- TVEAP Image Archive System (On intranet)
- greenbelts.net/ (Under construction)
Following are the websites/DBMS systems that are maintained by me ;
- tveap.org, childrenoftsunami.info, savingtheplanet.tv, handsonasia.org
- Distribution Tracking System -handsonasia.org/dts/
- Film Makers System - handsonasia.org/fms/
- TVEAP E-shop - tveap.org/shopping/search.php
- Children of Tsunami website CMS - childrenoftsunami.info/edit/
Openarc Systems Management (Pvt) Ltd – Nugegoda, Sri Lanka (2004 -2005)
Duties in Brief
- Analyze, design, develop and test application software.
- Planning, implementing and monitoring of on going development and implementation projects.
- To keep good communication with clients and making them happy, satisfied and delighted.
- Work as a member in the management team of the company dedicated to achieve organizational goals.
- “eRIMS” an ERP (Enterprise Resource
Planning) solution. This was a web enabled windows base application software.
Responsible for HR module (Includes Payroll, Attendance, Administration) with following duties;
oCoding & testing
Methodology: Object Oriented Analysis & Design (OOAD), Object Oriented Programming(OOP)
Technology: MS VB.NET, MS SQL Server 2000, Web Services, Crystal Reports
Computer Island (Pvt) Ltd -Colombo 6, Sri Lanka (2003 – 2004)
Duties in Brief
- Responsible for the management of 4 Software Developers and 2 Web/Graphic Designers.
- Project management and administrative duties.
- I lead the team of 6 people and act as a Systems Analyst, Designer, Developer and a Tester apart form management duties on all below projects.
- “Entrepreneur of the Year 2004” Application Software to record information about event participants and winners.
- “IT Resource Manager” Application software to manage IT resources.
- “CIL-E” in-house project for Computer Island engineering department. This application software used to manage all administrative functionalities of this department.
Technology: VB6, MS SQL Server 2000, ASP, Crystal Reports
- fccisl.lk/sleoty - The official web site of “Sri
Lankan Entrepreneur of the Year 2004” - Designed & developed for
“Federation of Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Sri Lanka”.
This entire site was developed by me taking the full responsibility as a web master.
- www. fccisl.lk - Worked on FCCISL main web site as Sri Lankan partners associate with German consultants.
- Web site for Zeema Russian Restaurant.
Dana International Educational Services - Colombo 4, Sri Lanka (2000-2006)
Duties in Brief
Lectured for following courses
- City & Guilds Applied Information Technology
- Web Designing( Dreamweaver, Flash, Photoshop )
- Desktop Publishing ( CorelDraw, Photoshop , PageMaker )
- Introduced & implemented Lecturer Guidance System for the institute.
- Prepared course materials, test papers etc.
- Designed advertisements for the company.
- Actively participated in web designing team to cover the deadline before launching “danamanpower.com” web site for Dana Manpower (Pvt) Ltd.
- Prepared a standard for all graphics courses.
- Prepared a system to carry out all administrative work.
Professional Graduate Diploma in IT from British Computer Society (BCS): 2008
Advance Database Management Systems
System Design Methods
Diploma -This level is the academic equivalent to Year 2 of a UK university honors degree and is recognized by the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority (QCA) as Level 5.
Software Development Environments
Object Oriented Programming
Professional Issues in Information Systems Practice
Computer & Network Technology
- Member of the British
Computer Society (MBCS)
o Web Video Delivery Workshop: June 2007 at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – By SEACeM, Malaysia
o Time Management Workshop: May 2007, conducted by British Council, Sri Lanka
- First Chairman and founder of the school Astronomical
Society, Vidyartha College, Kandy,
- Committee member of the school Science Society.
- Active member of the Young Explores Club.
- Active member of the Interact Club.
- School member of the Arthur C. Clarke Centre for Modern Technologies – Schools’ Astronomical Society.
- Took part in Science Exhibitions –
the team at The Golden Jubilee of Independence Educational Exhibition-1998,
which was responsible for tow inventions.
Model of wind power.
Pumping of water using low energy source.
Led the team at exhibition organized by Sri Sumangala College Kandy, Sri Lanka.
- Participated in the Inter School Chess Championships.
- Member of ‘Life Drug Prevention Movement’-Kandy, Sri
G.C.E. (Advance Level) Examination 1998 from Vidyartha College – Kandy, Sri Lanka
Science Scheme (Physical)
Physics: Credit pass Pure Mathematics: Simple pass
Applied Mathematics: Simple pass Chemistry: Simple pass
G.C.E. (Ordinary Level) Examination 1995 from Vidyartha College – Kandy, Sri Lanka
Distinctions - 2 Credits - 6
Last updated on May 2016