Changhong Zhao, Researcher at National Renewable Energy Laboratory
Research interests: control and optimization of network systems, power and energy systems
Education: B.E. in Automation, Tsinghua University, 2010; Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Caltech, 2016
Distributed frequency control in power systems
- Changhong Zhao, Enrique Mallada, Steven H. Low, and Janusz Bialek, "Distributed plug-and-play optimal generator and load control for power system frequency regulation," International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, 101:1-12, October 2018. [Open Access]
- Enrique Mallada, Changhong Zhao, and Steven H. Low, "Optimal load-side control for frequency regulation in smart grids," IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 62(12):6294-6309, December 2017. [IEEE Xplore]
- Na Li, Changhong Zhao, and Lijun Chen, "Connecting automatic generation control and economic dispatch from an optimization view," IEEE Transactions on Control of Network Systems, 3(3):254-264, September 2016. [IEEE Xplore]
- Changhong Zhao, Ufuk Topcu, Na Li, and Steven H. Low, "Design and stability of load-side primary frequency control in power systems," IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 59(5):1177-1189, May 2014. [IEEE Xplore]
- Changhong Zhao, Ufuk Topcu, and Steven H. Low, "Optimal load control via frequency measurement and neighborhood area communication," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 28(4):3576-3587, November 2013. [IEEE Xplore]
Optimal power flow
- Changhong Zhao, Emiliano Dall'Anese, and Steven H. Low, "Convex relaxation of OPF in multiphase radial networks with delta connection," IREP Bulk Power Systems Dynamics and Control Symposium, Espinho, Portugal, August 2017.
Interconnected critical infrastructures
- Ahmed S. Zamzam, Emiliano Dall'Anese, Changhong Zhao, Joshua A. Taylor, and Nikolaos Sidiropoulos, "Optimal water-power flow problem: Formulation and distributed optimal solution," IEEE Transactions on Control of Network Systems, early access. [IEEE Xplore]
- Changhong Zhao, "Real-time load-side control of electric power systems," PhD Thesis, Caltech, 2016. Demetriades-Tsafka-Kokkalis Prize, Caltech Division of Engineering and Applied Science, 2016; Charles Wilts Prize, Caltech Department of Electrical Engineering, 2017.