September 27, 2014 - present: Associate Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Science.
July 20, 2009 - September 26, 2014: Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Science.
July 2012 - present: Associate Faculty, Centre for Neuroscience, Indian Institute of Science.
February 2014 - present: Vice Chair, IEEE Signal Processing Society Bangalore Chapter (Treasurer and Secretary of the chapter during 2011-2013).
April 2006 - July 2009: Postdoctoral Fellow, Biomedical Imaging Group, Ecole polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland.
April 2005 - March 2006: Consultant, M/s. ESQUBE Communication Solutions Private Limited, Bangalore.
PhD in 2005 from Department of Electrical Communication Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
Spectrum lab time line
- May 7, 2016: We have two accepted papers at ICIP 2016. Congratulations Harish, Sujith and Badarish.
- May 2, 2016: Aniruddha Adiga won the Best Presentation Award in the Signal Processing session, at the IISc Division of Electrical Sciences Symposium 2016 held in the Faculty Hall, April 28 and 29, 2016.
- March 31, 2016: Satish Mulleti and Basty Ajay Shenoy have an accepted paper to the IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing.
- March 29, 2016: Basty Ajay Shenoy and Satish Mulleti's paper features on the cover-page of the IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing (January and February 2016 issue).
- March 13, 2016: Karthik Upadhya has an accepted paper to Elsevier (Signal Processing).
- January 21, 2016: Ravi Ranganath Shenoy successfully defended his PhD thesis on "Spectral and Temporal Zero-Crossings-Based Signal Analysis." Prof. Hynek Hermansky (Johns Hopkins University) and Prof. Hema Murthy (IIT Madras, Chennai) are his thesis examiners. Dr. Pushkar Patwardhan (Nokia R&D, Bangalore; currently with Lightmetrics, Bangalore) is co-advisor. Ravi is the first PhD student to graduate out of the Spectrum Lab and the seventh research student to graduate out of the lab. Ravi is also a co-founder of the company Lightmetrics (http://www.lightmetrics.co/).
- January 13, 2016: Sudarshan Nagesh successfully defended his M.Sc.(Eng.) thesis on "Super-Resolution Reconstruction in Biomedical Applications -- A Finite Rate of Innovation Approach." He is the sixth M.Sc.(Eng.) student to graduate from the Spectrum Lab. He will be pursuing a PhD at the Rice University with Prof. Ashok Veeraraghavan.
- January 6, 2016: Suprosanna Shit (ME - Signal Processing) and Deepak R (ME - System Science and Automation) join the Spectrum Lab for pursuing their Masters projects.
- January 6, 2016: We have four accepted papers to National Conference on Communications (NCC) 2016.
- December 21, 2015: We have three accepted papers to IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP) 2016.
- December 16, 2015: Prof. V. U. Reddy (former Chair, ECE, IISc; Honorary Professor, IITH) visited the Spectrum Lab.
- December 9, 2015: Satish Mulleti has an accepted paper to IEEE Transactions on Image Processing.
- December 8, 2015: Prof. Sanjit K. Mitra (UCSB) visited the Spectrum Lab
- December 6, 2015: Subhadip Mukherjee has an accepted paper to Elsevier (Signal Processing) journal.
- October 15, 2015: Sunil Rudresh successfully upgraded from M.Sc. (Engineering) to PhD.
- September 15, 2015: Ravi Shenoy has an accepted paper to IEEE Signal Processing Letters.
- September 2, 2015: Ajay Shenoy and Satish Mulleti have an accepted paper to IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing.
- September 2, 2015: Harini Kishan has an accepted paper to SPIE Journal of Electronic Imaging.
- August 12, 2015: Manasij Venkatesh has an accepted paper to American Institute of Physics (AIP) Advances Special Issue on Emerging Topics in Fluorescence Microscopy and Imaging.
- August 3, 2015: Harish and Aditya have an accepted paper to GlobalSIP 2015.
- July 20, 2015: Praneeth Kurpad has an accepted paper at TENCON 2015.
- June 4, 2015: Haricharan Aragonda has an accepted paper to IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech, and Language Processing.
- May 29, 2015: Chandra Sekhar Seelamantula is Member (Engineering Discipline), Undergraduate Board of Studies, Indian Institute of Science.
- May 20, 2015: Sreeram V. Menon successfully defended his M.Sc.(Eng.) thesis on " Savitzky-Golay Filters and Application to Image and Signal Denoising."
- April 30, 2015: We have accepted papers to IEEE-ICIP and SPARS 2015 conferences.
- November 14, 2015: We are looking for project assistants and associates to work in text-to-speech synthesis for Indian languages.
- November 14, 2015: We are looking for excellent Android Programmers and App Developers for iPhone and Android phones. Immediate appointment.
- The Spectrum Lab will not take any interns this academic year, neither in winter 2015 nor in summer 2016.