September 27, 2014 - present: Associate Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Science.
July 20, 2009 - September 26, 2014: Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Science.
July 2012 - present: Associate Faculty, Centre for Neuroscience, Indian Institute of Science.
February 2014 - present: Vice Chair, IEEE Signal Processing Society Bangalore Chapter (Treasurer and Secretary of the chapter during 2011-2013).
April 2006 - July 2009: Postdoctoral Fellow, Biomedical Imaging Group, Ecole polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland.
April 2005 - March 2006: Consultant, M/s. ESQUBE Communication Solutions Private Limited, Bangalore.
PhD in 2005 from Department of Electrical Communication Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
Spectrum lab time line
- January 21, 2016: Ravi Ranganath Shenoy successfully defended his PhD thesis on "Spectral and Temporal Zero-Crossings-Based Signal Analysis." Prof. Hynek Hermansky (Johns Hopkins University) and Prof. Hema Murthy (IIT Madras, Chennai) are his thesis examiners. Dr. Pushkar Patwardhan (Nokia R&D, Bangalore; currently with Lightmetrics, Bangalore) is co-advisor. Ravi is the first PhD student to graduate out of the Spectrum Lab and the seventh research student to graduate out of the lab. Ravi is also a co-founder of the company Lightmetrics (http://www.lightmetrics.co/).
- January 13, 2016: Sudarshan Nagesh successfully defended his M.Sc.(Eng.) thesis on "Super-Resolution Reconstruction in Biomedical Applications -- A Finite Rate of Innovation Approach." He is the sixth M.Sc.(Eng.) student to graduate from the Spectrum Lab. He will be pursuing a PhD at the Rice University with Prof. Ashok Veeraraghavan.
- January 6, 2016: Suprosanna Shit (ME - Signal Processing) and Deepak R (ME - System Science and Automation) join the Spectrum Lab for pursuing their Masters projects.
- January 6, 2016: We have four accepted papers to National Conference on Communications (NCC) 2016.
- December 21, 2015: We have three accepted papers to IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP) 2016.
- December 16, 2015: Prof. V. U. Reddy (former Chair, ECE, IISc; Honorary Professor, IITH) visited the Spectrum Lab.
- December 9, 2015: Satish Mulleti has an accepted paper to IEEE Transactions on Image Processing.
- December 8, 2015: Prof. Sanjit K. Mitra (UCSB) visited the Spectrum Lab
- December 6, 2015: Subhadip Mukherjee has an accepted paper to Elsevier (Signal Processing) journal.
- October 15, 2015: Sunil Rudresh successfully upgraded from M.Sc. (Engineering) to PhD.
- September 15, 2015: Ravi Shenoy has an accepted paper to IEEE Signal Processing Letters.
- September 2, 2015: Ajay Shenoy and Satish Mulleti have an accepted paper to IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing.
- September 2, 2015: Harini Kishan has an accepted paper to SPIE Journal of Electronic Imaging.
- August 12, 2015: Manasij Venkatesh has an accepted paper to American Institute of Physics (AIP) Advances Special Issue on Emerging Topics in Fluorescence Microscopy and Imaging.
- August 3, 2015: Harish and Aditya have an accepted paper to GlobalSIP 2015.
- July 20, 2015: Praneeth Kurpad has an accepted paper at TENCON 2015.
- June 4, 2015: Haricharan Aragonda has an accepted paper to IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech, and Language Processing.
- May 29, 2015: Chandra Sekhar Seelamantula is Member (Engineering Discipline), Undergraduate Board of Studies, Indian Institute of Science.
- May 20, 2015: Sreeram V. Menon successfully defended his M.Sc.(Eng.) thesis on " Savitzky-Golay Filters and Application to Image and Signal Denoising."
- April 30, 2015: We have accepted papers to IEEE-ICIP and SPARS 2015 conferences.
- November 14, 2015: We are looking for project assistants and associates to work in text-to-speech synthesis for Indian languages.
- November 14, 2015: We are looking for excellent Android Programmers and App Developers for iPhone and Android phones. Immediate appointment.
- The Spectrum Lab will not take any interns this academic year, neither in winter 2015 nor in summer 2016.