September 27, 2014 - present: Associate Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Science.
July 20, 2009 - September 26, 2014: Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Science.
July 2012 - present: Associate Faculty, Centre for Neuroscience, Indian Institute of Science.
February 2014 - present: Vice Chair, IEEE Signal Processing Society Bangalore Chapter (Treasurer and Secretary of the chapter during 2011-2013).
April 2006 - July 2009: Postdoctoral Fellow, Biomedical Imaging Group, Ecole polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland.
April 2005 - March 2006: Consultant, M/s. ESQUBE Communication Solutions Private Limited, Bangalore.
PhD in 2005 from Department of Electrical Communication Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
Demonstration for ICIP 2017 submission (for review) - Demos and ImageJ plugin available for download by clicking on the link below.
Two project assistant and two postdoc positions available in our lab.
Immediate recruitment. Area of research: Sub-Nyquist Sampling, Sparsity-Aware Signal Processing, Speech Processing.
Apply by sending your CV by email to email@example.com.
Spectrum lab time-line
- March 20, 2017: Sujith Kumar and Akhil Chaturvedi have an accepted paper in SLAS (Society for Laboratory Automation and Screening) journal. This is a collaborative effort with Prof. Sai Siva Gorthi from Instrumentation and Applied Physics, IISc.
- March 16, 2017: Subhadip Mukherjee has an accepted paper at SPARS 2017, which will be held in Lisbon, Portugal, June 5-8, 2017.
- February 20, 2017: Satish Mulleti submitted his PhD thesis. He is the second PhD student from the lab.
- January 12, 2017: Dr. Karthika Vijayan, a postdoc in our lab gets selected for the SERB National Postdoctoral fellowship.
- January 10, 2017: Surya Teja Devarakota (an intern from IIT Hyderabad) and Anjany Kumar Sekuboyina (former student and research assistant) have a paper accepted to the IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging (ISBI) 2017.
- December 16, 2016: I will be offering the course E9 213 on Time-Frequency Analysis during January - April 2017. The course E9 282 on Neural Signal Processing will not be offered during January - April 2017.
- December 16, 2016: Prof. Hamid Krim (North Carolina State University) visited the Spectrum Lab today. He is at the Indian Institute of Science Bangalore under the IEEE Distinguished Lecturer Tour (IEEE DLT) program.
- November 17, 2016: CSS gave a Keynote talk at the IEEE Israel Section International Conference on Science of Electrical Engineering (ICSEE) Symposium on Speech and Audio Processing. http://www.ieee.org.il/icsee-2016/icsee-2016-symposia/
- October 21, 2016: Spectrum lab has received funding from the Science and Engineering Research Board for a two-year research project on Sub-Nyquist sampling.
- October 8, 2016: Ashutosh, Kishore, and Sagar have accepted papers at the Tenth Indian Conference on Computer Vision, Graphics, and Image Processing (ICVGIP) 2016, which will be held in IIT Guwahati (December 18-22).
- October 4, 2016: Subhash Chandran KS gave his MSc (Eng.) Thesis Colloquium today at 4 PM in the Multimedia Classroom of the EE department. His presentation was entitled, "Analysis of local field potential signals and gamma rhythm using matching pursuit algorithm."
- October 3, 2016: Spectrum lab has two accepted IMPRINT proposals. Overall, 2612 proposals were submitted nation-wide and 259 were finally selected for funding after a rigorous three-stage review process by expert subject committees. IMPRINT (http://imprint-india.org/) is an initiative by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. Quoting from the IMPRINT website: "IMPRINT provides the overarching vision that guides research into areas that are predominantly socially relevant."
- September 15, 2016: Ajay Shenoy gave his PhD Thesis Colloquium today at 4 PM in the Multimedia Classroom of the EE department. His presentation was entitled, "Phase retrieval and Hilbert integral equations -- Thinking beyond minimum-phase."
- August 25, 2016: Satish Mulleti gave his PhD Thesis Colloquium today at 4 PM in the Multimedia Classroom of the EE department. His presentation was entitled, "Sub-Nyquist sampling of structured signals and applications to imaging."
- August 18, 2016: Aniruddha Adiga gave his PhD Thesis Colloquium today at 4 PM in the Multimedia Classroom of the EE department. His presentation was entitled, "Sparsity driven auditory wavelet design and blind deconvolution."
- August 14, 2016: Subhash Chandran has an accepted abstract to the Bernstein Conference, to be held in Berlin, September 21-23, 2016.
- August 13, 2016: CSS is invited to be a reviewer for Mathematical Reviews/MathSciNet Reviewer Number: 122253.
- July 30, 2016: The IISc Robert-Bosch Centre for Cyberphysical Systems has selected three Masters projects from the Spectrum Lab for supporting under the M.Tech. Grant.
- June 28, 2016: CSS gave an invited talk on "What can signal processing do for coherent imaging?" at the Johannes Kepler University Zentrum fur Oberflachen und Nanoanalytik, Linz, Austria.
- June 27, 2016: Jishnu Sadasivan received the ISCA grant to attend Interspeech 2016.
- June 20-23, 2016: CSS gave an invited talk on "Phase retrieval in shift-invariant spaces and application to optical imaging" at the Volkswagen Stiftung MOIMA Symposium on Mathematical Optics, Image Modelling, and Algorithms, at Schloss Herrenhausen, Hannover, Germany.
- June 10, 2016: We have three accepted papers at Interspeech 2016. Congratulations Harsha, Gokul, and Jishnu.
- June 10, 2016: Sreenivasa Murthy has an accepted paper to Sadhana Journal of the Indian Academy of Sciences.
- May 7, 2016: We have two accepted papers at ICIP 2016. Congratulations Harish, Sujith and Badarish.
- May 2, 2016: Aniruddha Adiga won the Best Presentation Award in the Signal Processing session, at the IISc Division of Electrical Sciences Symposium 2016 held in the Faculty Hall, April 28 and 29, 2016.
- March 31, 2016: Satish Mulleti and Basty Ajay Shenoy have an accepted paper to the IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing.
- March 29, 2016: Basty Ajay Shenoy and Satish Mulleti's paper features on the cover-page of the IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing (January and February 2016 issue).
- March 13, 2016: Karthik Upadhya has an accepted paper to Elsevier (Signal Processing).
- January 21, 2016: Ravi Ranganath Shenoy successfully defended his PhD thesis on "Spectral and Temporal Zero-Crossings-Based Signal Analysis." Prof. Hynek Hermansky (Johns Hopkins University) and Prof. Hema Murthy (IIT Madras, Chennai) are his thesis examiners. Dr. Pushkar Patwardhan (Nokia R&D, Bangalore; currently with Lightmetrics, Bangalore) is co-advisor. Ravi is the first PhD student to graduate out of the Spectrum Lab and the seventh research student to graduate out of the lab. Ravi is also a co-founder of the company Lightmetrics (http://www.lightmetrics.co/).
- January 13, 2016: Sudarshan Nagesh successfully defended his M.Sc.(Eng.) thesis on "Super-Resolution Reconstruction in Biomedical Applications -- A Finite Rate of Innovation Approach." He is the sixth M.Sc.(Eng.) student to graduate from the Spectrum Lab. He will be pursuing a PhD at the Rice University with Prof. Ashok Veeraraghavan.
- January 6, 2016: Suprosanna Shith (ME - Signal Processing), Aritra Bhowmik (ME - System Science and Automation), and Deepak R (ME - System Science and Automation) joined the Spectrum Lab for pursuing their Masters projects.
- January 6, 2016: We have four accepted papers to National Conference on Communications (NCC) 2016.
- August 13, 2016: We are looking for App Developers for iPhone and Android phones. Immediate appointment for candidates with good qualifications and credentials.