Court Farm Church 1980
 


How Court Farm Evangelical Church came to be...
                Court Farm Church today

Court Farm, an independent evangelical church, was established over 75 years ago, in 1938. A small band of men & women of vision took a large patch of green grass at the top of Court Farm Road and turned it into a thriving church at the heart of the new community that was being built; a place where we are glad  to say we still aim and seek to be! Our mission is to be real, relevant and relationship-orientated. Our passion is to know Jesus Christ in all His fullness and to make Him known through the power and work of the Holy Spirit in the way we serve our community.  

During that first, hot, summer one of the founders went round the estate ringing a hand-bell, gathering a following of children like, the Pied Piper, every Sunday for a Sunday School on the grassy area close to the where the 'Mission', as it was to become affectionately known, was being built. With the formation of the NHS in 1948 more adjoining land was acquired and a new Medical Suite was built, functioning as it does today as a separate Christian Doctor’s surgery under the name of 'The Links Medical Practice'. (The ‘Link’ is still there with the Downham surgery, both are classed as a joint practice).

In the late 1990s the Church appointed a pastor for the first time, the Rev Brian Collie who is with us to the present day. Brian considers it to have been a privilege to serve the Church during its growth within the community.

back to > About Us