- Current Ph.D. Student, Computer Science & Eng., PennState Univ., University Park, USA.
- M. Eng., Feb. 2010, Computer & Communication Eng., Korea Univ., Seoul, Korea. (GPA 3.84/4.5)
- Thesis: A Novel Thermal Simulation Framework to Reflect Ambient Changes (advisor: Prof. Sung Woo Chung)
- B. Eng., Feb. 2008, Computer Science & Eng., Korea Univ., Seoul, Korea. (GPA 3.87/4.5)
- Systematic/Architectural Design and Support for Machine Learning
- Computer Architecture, Energy-efficient/Low-power computing system, Parallel processing techniques
- Dynamic power/thermal management
- Jinhang Choi, S. Srinivasa, Y. Tanabe, J. Sampson, and V. Narayanan, "A Power-Efficient Hybrid Architecture Design for Image Recognition using CNNs," IEEE Computer Society Annual Symposium on VLSI (ISVLSI), July 9, 2018.
- Jinhang Choi, K. Irick, J. Hardin, W. Qiu, A. Yuille, J. Sampson, and V. Narayanan, "Stochastic Functional Verification of DNN Design through Progressive Virtual Dataset Generation," International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), May 30, 2018.
- W.-Y. Tsai, Jinhang Choi, T. Parija, P. Gomatam, C. R. Das, J. Sampson, and V. Narayanan, "Co-Training of Feature Extraction and Classification Using Partitioned Convolutional Neural Networks," in Proceedings of the 45th Design Automation Conference (DAC), June 22, 2017.
Microsystems Design Laboratory (MDL), Pennsylvania State University, University Park, USA.
- Jun. 2016 – Present, Research Assistant.
- Systematic/Architectural Design and Support for Deep Neural Networks (DNNs)
Bing Engineering, Microsoft AI and Research (AI+R) group, Bellevue, Washington, USA.
- May 2018 – Aug. 2018, Software Engineer Intern.
- DNN Subgraph offloading & acceleration on FPGA-powered BrainWave DPU
LineWalks Inc., Korea.
- Jan. 2014 – Jun. 2015, Chief Technology Officer & System Architect.
- Apache Hadoop based scalable Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) system
Research & Development / MiddleWare team, NexStreaming Corp., Korea.
- Oct. 2013 – Dec. 2013, Software Architecture Consultant.
- Jan. 2010 – Sep. 2013, Engineer with performing alternative military service (Mar. 5, 2010 – Mar. 4, 2013)
- Real-Time Streaming/Transport Protocol
- HTTP-based Streaming(, especially Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP) Protocol
- Character Encoding analysis
- Open Source License infringement verification
System on Chip & Microprocessor Research Laboratory (SMRL), Korea Univ., Korea.
- Mar. 2008 – Feb. 2010, Research Assistant.
- Power/Temperature-Aware Microarchitecture
- Dynamic Power/Thermal Management
- July 2006 – Feb. 2008, Undergraduate Research Student.
- Migrating Computation
- Aug. 2015 – May 2016 Teaching Assistant, Data Structures and Algorithms (CMPSC 465), PennState Univ.
- Mar. 2008 – July 2008 Teaching Assistant, Computer Architecture (CNCE250), Korea Univ.
- Simple MIPS implementation using Verilog HDL.
- Architectural performance simulation using Simplescalar.
Award and Honors
- General Scholarship, Korea University, Fall 2009
- ASPLOS XIV Travel Grant, Association for Machinery (ACM), Spring 2009.
- The 2nd stage of Brain Korea 21 (BK21) Scholarship, Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MEST), Republic of Korea, 2008-2009.
- College Scholarship, Korea University, 2004-2006
- Semester High Honors, Korea University, Fall 2007; Fall 2004.
- E-mail: jpc5731 [at] psu dot edu, cepiross [at] gmail dot com, cepiross [at] korea dot ac dot kr