Visualization with YAWAT
Inspect (public) studies in the TPR-DB
You can inspect alignments of public studies in the TPR-DB.
go to the page: http://dighum1.ftsk.uni-mainz.de/cgi-bin/yawat/yawat.cgi
Click on any of the listed studies and then on any session. You can hover over the words and see the word alignments. In your own uploaded study (see below) you can also modify alignments: Use left mouse cursors to open and modify the alignments, use right mouse button to close the alignment and click the "done" button to confirm the changes.
NOTE: Please use Firefox to work with YAWAT (avoid IExplorer or Chrome).
Ulrich Germann Yawat. 2008. Yet Another Word Alignment Tool Proceedings of the ACL-08: HLT Demo Session (Companion Volume) , pages 20–23. Association for Computational Linguistics http://www.aclweb.org/anthology/P08-4006
You can download the TPR-DB from the TPR-DB website
Annotating alignment groups in YAWAT
In a personal account you can align translation sessions. ST words should be aligned with the TT words as complete and as compositionally as possible, i.e., try to align every single word and all punctuation marks, but try to create the smallest possible alignment. For example, if the source text says [Killer nurse] and the Spanish TT says [enfermero asesino], then align [Killer - asesino] and [nurse-enfermero] and not [killer nurse - asesino enfermero]. :
- Select the alignment group by left-clicking on the ST and TT elements to be aligned. For example, left-click on “killer” and then on “asesino”.
- To confirm that you have created an alignment group, right-click on one of the elements of the group. For example, “asesino”. Both elements will form an alignment group and they will be marked on grey.
- In order to annotate the group, right-click on one of the elements (for instance, “asesino”). If there is no error, left-click on the default label “Unspecified (no error)”. If there is an error in the aligned group, left-click on the error to be annotated from the 10 errors in the section “error codes”.
- In case you would like to annotate an unaligned ST or TT word (mono-label), right-click on the unaligned ST or TT word and select one of the two categories possible (Addition/Omission and Unintelligible)..
- Once you are done with the annotation of a segment, click on “done” next to the segment number. Changes will be saved.
It sometimes is the case, that the automatic segment alignment is not correct. If that is the case, please follow instructions here.
To get a personal Yawat account, please send an email to m.gummiball[at]gmail.com.