WORKSHOP 2018 - IIT PATNA
Workshop in the context of the MEMENTO Project:
MODELLING PARAMETERS OF COGNITIVE EFFORT IN TRANSLATION PRODUCTION
A two days workshop at the computer sciences department, IIT Patna provides an introduction to empirical translation process research (TPR), data collection, data representation and data analysis. The workshop consists of lectures complemented by hands-on sessions. The following topics will be addressed.
27.Dec. 2018: Data collection and preparation
- Using eyetracker, keyboard logger and audio recording for collecting language production data
- Cleaning and transcribing written and spoken data
- Synchronizing records of search behaviour with spoken and written translations
- Representation of process and product data, gaze data & keystrokes
28.Dec. 2018: Data analysis
- Structure and features of the CRITT TPR-DB
- Using R and python for data modelling and data analysis
- Merging different sources of annotated data, regression analysis
The workshop will start at 10am and ends at 5pm on both days. There will be tea and lunch breaks. The location will be: computer science and engineering department at IIT Patna, Bihta campus, (https://goo.gl/maps/ychXbFadD5N2). Room to be announced. The workshop is free of costs.
Facilitator: Prof. Michael Carl, Department of Modern and Classical Languages Studies / Computer Sciences at Kent State University
For more information send mail to: Tanik Saikh (firstname.lastname@example.org)