1. No member (Student & Employees) will be permitted to enter the library without wearing the college Identity Card.
Note: For loss of ID cards library users have to pay Rs 100 /- with FIR copy to be submitted to library (MSI & MSIP) & Office (MSIT) for making new ID card. In case Lanyard with holder is lost by the student he will deposit Rs 25 in accounts for getting new lanyard with holder.
2. Readers should observe strict silence and switch off their mobile phones etc in the library premises.
3. Library membership ID cards are non-transferable.
4. Books are normally issued for a period of 15 days and renewal of books will not be allowed. Identity card should be produced at the time of borrowing and returning of books in the library, otherwise books will not be issued.
5. Reference books and periodicals are not for issue.
6. Borrowers must satisfy themselves with the physical condition of books before borrowing.
7. Members are responsible for books issued against their membership number.
8. Issued books returned after due date will result to overdue / fine charges i.e Rs 1/- per book per day.
9. Readers are not allowed to bring personal books or any printed material and other personal belongings like bags, umbrellas, etc. inside the library. These materials are to be kept at the property counter at their own risk. Readers are advised not to leave their precious and valuable items like money, passport, credit card etc. at the property counter.
10. Readers are requested not to leave Journals & magazines on the reading table after use and will keep them back on the racks.
11. Library is having right to recall any issued book even after the due date.
12. If any student found stealing or tearing any library document, he / she will be debarred from using library facilities as decided by librarian.
13. Circulation timing is from 9:15 AM to 4:45 PM on all working days of the Institute except half an hour lunch break from 1 to 1:30 PM.
14. For more information, please check Maharaja Surajmal Central Library’s website: http://sites.google.com/site/centrallibrarymaharajasurajmal
1. In case of any difficulty in the use of library resources, always contact the library staff, librarian or members of library committee.
2. Students are advised to regularly scan the library notice boards for important information about the library, study, scholarships etc.
3. Any infringement of the library rules may lead to the withdrawal of library membership, fine or both.
Maharaja Surajmal Central Library
Library Rules (Book Bank - MSIP)
Library Rules (Book Bank - MSIT)