About the Library
Bijoy Krishna Girls' College, Howrah formerly known as Girls' College, was established in the year 1947. At the time of establishment all the activities of the college including Library started at the premises of Bhabini Girls' School. The Library shifted to "Duke Hall" during 1948-1955. Afterwards the Central Library was moved to the main building. To fulfill the ever increasing requirements of the students, the necessity of more space was realized and library was shifted to the newly built office-cum-library building in the year 1998.
Facilities cater to the students are:
Circulation: All students including staff are provided with lending facility. They are issued maximum two books for fourteen days.
Reference Service: All students and faculty members are provided required reference service.
Online Zone: Students are allowed to surf the internet to get their course related information. To search NLIST and other related site to enrich their knowledge base.