(E-mails sent to our Team E-mail List are copy/pasted here)
For email list questions, please contact email@example.com
A few reminders, details, and announcements for this week:This Friday Nov. 8th, 6:00-7:30 @ CHS Student Center (fishbowl)
Informational Arizona meeting. This meeting is required for all travelers and their parents. We will discuss the logistics and planning for our upcoming trip to Nike Cross Regionals. Please plan to be there.
Awards Banquet, Tuesday, Nov. 12th, 6:00-8:00pm, @ CHS Commons (cafeteria)
Our end-of-season awards banquet will be a celebration of a great season! Dress is formal.
As is tradition, we ask that everyone potluck something to share, according to the list below. In addition, parents, if you would like to help set up, please contact Louise Garrels (Garrels@Comcast.Net, 303-746-4170
Sophomores- Main Dishes
Injury Prevention and General Strength/Conditioning Clinic
To kick off the winter training season, there will be a clinic during practice next Wednesday the 13th on injury prevention, general strength and conditioning. This clinic is provided for free by Kurt Roeser, a local PT, DPT from AbilityPT
. All are highly encouraged to come! We will begin at 3:30pm, and will meet outside on The Hill, weather-permitting.
A reminder that uniforms need to be returned. The last chance to do so will be at the banquet.
Keep up the good work!
Hello Warrior Parents and Athletes!
Congratulations to the lady Warriors varsity squad, and to Jake Link for earning a trip to the State Championships this weekend! Results and photo links from Regionals have been updated on the team webpage. We'd love to see a huge contingent of Warriors make the trip down to the Norris Penrose Event Center this Saturday morning! A carpool sign-up sheet is in the works, leaving from CHS Saturday morning, stay tuned! Race times are 10:30am (Boys) and 12:30pm (Girls).
Full details, including parking info, here: http://www.cmstampede.com/spectator-parking
Training for Nike Cross Regionals has begun!
Those making the trip down to Arizona on Nov 22nd are expected to come to practices, held M-F, beginning at 3:20pm at the usual spot. Practices will finish by 5:00pm, sometimes earlier. A coach will be present every M,W,F. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, practices will be organized by team leaders. Training will be posted on the bulletin board outside the XC/Track office.
Return (clean) Uniforms
Uniform top and bottoms need to be returned
- Those going to Arizona should keep their uniform bottoms until after Arizona- we will be racing in the bottoms (and the new singlets, coming soon) at Arizona.
- Those not going to Arizona should turn in their uniform top and bottoms.
Uniforms not returned will need to be replaced, and there is a steep fine, given the difficulty of re-ordering the exact uniform, so please do return your uniforms!
Save the Dates (details coming soon)
Saturday, Nov. 2nd @ Coal Creek Golf Course: PAC-12 Cross Country Championships. Come cheer on the top-ranked home team CU Buffs right in our backyard! http://www.dailycamera.com/get-out/ci_24357810/mike-sandrock-bring-your-running-shoes-pac-12
Friday Nov. 8th, 6-7:30 @ Student Center (fishbowl): Informational Arizona meeting (required for all travelers and their parents)
Tuesday, Nov. 12th, 6-8pm, @ CHS Commons (cafeteria): XC Awards Banquet
Thanks especially to Phil Dent for the latest round of photos. Phil, your support for CHS athletics, and especially for XC, is absolutely unbelievable!
CHS XC Parents,
According to the photographer, team pictures are almost done being processed.
If you ordered team photos using the order form, they will be sent home with the kids sometime this week.
If you would still like to order the 2013 team photo, you can do so at the Zemi Photographics website, here:
Pictures ordered online will be shipped directly to the address specified.
Hello CHS Cross Country Parents and Athletes,
As we mentioned in the parent meeting at the beginning of the season, the team will again be making a trip down to the Nike Cross Regional (NXR) meet in Mesa, Arizona on November 22-24th. This meet has both a championship 5k and an open 5k, which means all members of the Centaurus Cross Country Team will have the opportunity to toe the line and run the best they can. The experience of an out-of-state competition while representing the Centaurus community will be one of the most rewarding and memorable experiences the team will have in their high school careers.
This experience is/will be made possible by the outstanding efforts of the team volunteering and fundraising. We would like to see as many Centaurus Warriors as possible make the trip to Mesa!
Last year's trip itinerary is attached to this email (NXR2012Plan.pdf), to give you an idea of what this trip is like. This year's trip itinerary will likely be similar.
Those traveling would miss school all day on Friday and would be responsible for missed work, just like any other meet. We would return Sunday night. Flight details and a tentative race schedule are attached (Nike Cross Southwest.docx).
The official meet website (which is unfortunately rather bare, at the moment), is here: http://www.runnerspace.com/eprofile.php?event_id=302
Meet coverage, results, athlete statistics, etc. are available, as with every meet, on co.milesplit.com
. (An aside.. this website is an amazing resource! Athletes- every meet you've ever run is cataloged here!! I encourage you to check it out.)
Carpooling arrangements from CHS to DIA, and from DIA to CHS, will be made at a later date.
With the fundraising that has happened thus far and with help from everyone between now and November, CTCC should be in a position to defray a significant portion of the cost of this trip, bringing the out-of-pocket cost per traveler down to about $200 per person.
So that we can begin formally securing reservations, we would like each student intending to travel to:
1- Be signed up on the following google document:
2- Remit a payment of $200 per student one of two ways:
- Write a check payable to Centaurus Track & Cross Country or CTCC and give to Coach Devin, Louise Garrels, or mail to CTCC, 2770 Arapahoe Rd., Suite 132-152, Lafayette, CO 80026.
- Pay online via the "donation" feature on the www.CentaurusTCC.org homepage. Note: If paying online, please increase your payment by $6.00 per student to cover the service charge (2.9% + $0.30 per transaction.)
Whichever payment method you chose, the DEADLINE is FRIDAY, OCTOBER 4th.
(Please talk to Coach Devin if the required $200 presents a financial burden which would prevent a student-athlete from traveling)******************************************************************************************
Before you remit this deposit, please note the following:
- This is not a school-sanctioned/CHSAA event, so we are independent from Centaurus and "on our own" to secure our plans and funding.
- This $200 covers airfare, travel, race entry, and lodging. It does not cover food. Each athlete will also be required to purchase a Warrior Track Club singlet (see below), for approximately $20.
- The students will be racing under the USATF registered team name, Warrior Track Club, which CHS students have raced under previously for other non-school/CHSAA sanctioned events.
- If, through additional fundraising efforts, we are able to raise enough funds to defray the entire cost of the trip, CTCC will issue proportional and equitable refunds. Similarly, if we are not able to raise enough to defray the cost of the trip, families will need to contribute more to help cover costs of the trip.
- There will be paperwork, permission forms, etc. coming your way as we finalize travel arrangements.
- Athletes traveling to Arizona will be expected to continue their training up until the meet, in the form of after school practices, as usual. Details will be outlined further at the end of the season. There are 4 weeks between NXR and State Meet (for Varsity athletes), and there are roughly 6 weeks between NXR and the final required practice for the entire team.
- Travelling athletes, and their parents, will be required to attend a mandatory pre-travel planning meeting, sometime in early November, to discuss the trip, and to sign waivers, medical release, and a code of conduct.
- CHS coaches will be the chaperones for the trip.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email or call me. In addition, Meg Rosen (Nicole's Mom) has worked magic to pull together travel and hotel arrangements. Thank you Meg! Louise Garrels (John's Mom), and Linda Sweetnam (Kenny's Mom), President and Treasurer of CTCC, have again graciously worked the financials (Thanks Louise and Linda!). All are in the cc: field, should you have any questions.
- Team Dinner tonight, hosted by the Pyne's and Beuning's @ Pyne's, within walking distance of CHS. Carpooling is encouraged. Thank you families!!
- Freshman- Salad
- Sophomores- Bread
- Juniors- Drinks
- Seniors- Dessert
- Dave Sanders Meet this Friday. All details available on meets and results page.
- Team pictures (taken yesterday) may be ordered online as well. Details to come.
- We have two meets next week. Who is running what meet will be determined at Saturday and/or Monday's practice.
Practice on Saturday
This change is to allow those who are interested to watch the Rocky Mountain Shootout, taking place at 9am at the nearby Buff Ranch. This is the University of Colorado Boulder's "home meet", and is a great opportunity to see college cross country up close! There are even a few CHS XC alumni running!! This is also a great opportunity for our upperclassmen who are considering running in college, to chat with a college coach in an informal setting.
Our (required) practice will be from 8-9am. Coming to the Rocky Mountain Shootout afterward is optional, but very highly encouraged!!
The Rocky Mountain Shootout races are as follows:
9:00am- Women's 5.8km
9:45am- Men's 8km
Course maps are attached.
Following the college races, our upperclassmen may stick around to be introduced, if they wish, to coaches at the various schools in attendance, including Adam's State, South Dakota School of Mines, Western State College, and more.
This is a unique opportunity to see what running at the "next level" could be like, and I highly encourage everyone to attend!
Things usually wind down by 10:30 or 11am, at which time I suggest athletes get picked up at the same place we meet for practice, given the traffic congestion at Buff Ranch.
With the devastating flooding at Lyons, our Regional meet has been pushed back to Friday, the 18th, and will be held at the Broomfield Commons Park. I have made the change on our calendar, and on the meets and results page
. We are awaiting the exact time schedule, but it will start at approximately 1:00pm, and finish by 5pm. I will keep our website updated as I receive more information.
This is the week of our Home Invitational! Saturday is the big day.
A few reminders for this week:
Thanks to the Gallogly's for hosting our first official team dinner (and FunRaiser, see attached flyer) this Thursday night. They would like to ask the following of the team, for dinner preparations:
Directions will be available on Thursday after practice.
Home Invitational Volunteers
We are still desperately in need of course marshals and finish line volunteers for Saturday. If you are available to help out, or know anyone who could help, please sign up by clicking here:
Finish line volunteers will be helping Josh of Redline Running Company time the races, shuffle runners through the chute, hand out water/gatorade, etc.
Course marshals will be stationed along the course to ensure runners are safe from traffic, other runners, follow the course, etc.
Volunteer coordination meeting
To ensure the morning goes smoothly, and to explain the event and jobs in more depth, we will have a brief volunteer coordination meeting Friday after practice in the fishbowl (student center). If you are volunteering and can make the meeting, this will help us ensure Saturday morning goes smoothly.
Volunteers can pick up your red "course official" t-shirts as well (if you have them from prior years, please don't take a new one!)
Lastly, a huge congrats to our very own coach Tyler for his 3rd consecutive win and course record at the Kauai Marathon!! Read more about it here