STORM WATER TRAINING
Please contact us at (916) 868-3980 or email@example.com for class registration or questions!
We help clients achieve compliance with storm water regulations required by Federal, State, and Local agencies. We provide live educational courses for current storm water compliance practices and regulations. Training materials are presented by our EnviroCert and CASQA Qualified Instructor. Your staff will have the latest regulatory information as well as a solid understanding of SWPPP Implementation and Monitoring. We can come right to your office or we offer public courses. We customize our training courses to fit your specific needs and audience.
We have an open phone policy for all students. Please call us if you have any questions about the CA Construction General Permit (CGP) or the training program/process.
2019 Public Training Class Dates in Sacramento, CA:
QSP Course (Saturday/Sunday): Registration forms can be downloaded from the Google Drive link below. You can also email us to request the form or you can register over the phone.
- June 15-16
- July 20-21
- Aug. 17-18
- Sept. 21-22
- Nov. 16-17
- Dec. 21-22
CESSWI Exam Review Course (Saturday): Registration website links
- July 6 https://www.envirocertintl.org/events/sacramento-ca-cesswi-review-3/
- Sept. 7 https://www.envirocertintl.org/events/sacramento-ca-cesswi-review-4/
- Oct. 5 https://www.envirocertintl.org/events/sacramento-ca-cesswi-review-5/
- Nov. 2 https://www.envirocertintl.org/events/sacramento-ca-cesswi-review-6/
- Dec. 7 https://www.envirocertintl.org/events/sacramento-ca-cesswi-review-7/
6-Hr SWPPP Refresher (Saturday): Registration forms can be downloaded from the Google Drive link below. You can also email us to request the form or you can register over the phone.
- June 15
- July 20
- Aug. 17
- Sept. 21
- Nov. 16
- Dec. 21
Private In-House Group Courses:
- We come to you! Just give us a call to discuss this group option.
About CEM STORM WATER:
- Over 18 years in the storm water compliance industry
- 200+ training courses presented: QSD/QSP, CESSWI, Refreshers
- CASQA Qualified Trainer of Record (ToR)
- EnviroCert Qualified CESSWI Instructor
- Certifications: QSD/QSP, QISP, CPESC, CESSWI
- Risk determination and SWPPP development for hundreds of projects (e.g., utility, commercial, residential, and roadwork)
- Inspections, BMP implementation, reporting
- Sample collection and analysis
- Permit applications, COIs, NOTs, and Annual Reports
- Audits and QA/QC
Helpful Course Information :
For most professionals becoming a QSP is a two-part process; completing the QSP course/exam and obtaining an underlying certification such as CESSWI which also involves a course and exam.
QSP Course: There are no prerequisites for this course. The 2-day course is followed by an online/open-book exam (at your home or office) when you are ready. The "open-book" is the construction general permit. Obtain a copy of the CGP on the SWRCB website and study it thoroughly before and/or after you take the 2-day QSP course. The exam is taken at the Office of Water Programs website.
- Training Overview and Regulations
- Erosion Processes and Sediment Control
- SWPPP Implementation
CESSWI Review Course: 1-day review course to help prepare students for the CESSWI Exam. CESSWI certification fulfills the underlying certification requirement for a QSP.
To sit for the exam (apply to this program), students must submit an application directly with ECI at: http://www.envirocertintl.org/cesswi/
- When you apply to the program you will receive the study guide and a copy of the slide presentation for the review course. You should receive an email that will allow you to download and printout these 2 manuals.
- Once your application is processed and you are approved to sit for the exam (received an exam approval email), sign up for a review course using the paths listed above.
- Once you have taken the course and are ready to sit for the exam, sign up for the exam using the Online Exam option on the calendar page. (The exam is an in person "on-line" exam at a proctoring center near you)
- Complete the form and the exam proctoring service that CESSWI uses will contact you with dates and locations near you where you can sit for the exam at one of their proctoring centers.
- The exam is a closed-book exam; come prepared.
- Inspector Duties
- Documentation & Communication
- Rules & Regulations
- Plan Management
- Best Management Practices
- Mock Inspection
6 Hour SWPPP Refresher: Keep your underlying certifications (e.g., CESSWI, CPESC, CPSWQ) in good standing. Certificate of completion provided.