Trinity Lutheran Cemetery

By George E. Wolf Jr./2010

  • Cemetery: Consecrated in 1881, the Trinity Lutheran Church Cemetery is located on Sawyer Street, adjacent to Glenwood Cemetery, just one mile west of the Church campus. In a beautifully wooded section of downtown Houston, this cemetery is an honored hallmark of Trinity’s history in Houston. Several influential members of the Lutheran Church are interred in the cemetery including Rev. Dr. Oliver Harms (President of the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod). AKA German Lutheran Cemetery.

Pictures taken of the older gravestones by George E. Wolf Jr./2010

Pictures- http://germanlutheran.webs.com/apps/photos/

Comments