Campbell Family Cemetery.
Another lost cemetery on the San Jacinto Battle Grounds is the Campbell family cemetery.
J. Campbell indirectly acquired his land from the M. T. Rodgers purchase of 1846.
One deed to Campbell (1865) recorded the seller's retention of graves rights, stating that his daughter was buried on the land on which the seller had been residing.
On a 1913 map of the San Jacinto Battlegrounds there is a small cross indicating a small cemetery just northeast of the San Jacinto Cemetery. This could be the Campbell Family Cemetery?
This small cemetery would now be in the swamp underwater.