Lakeview Covenant Church, Duluth, MN
Helping people overcome hurts, habits and hangups...
What Is Celebrate Recovery?
Celebrate Recovery is a Christ-centered and Bible-based 12 Step Recovery Program. The purpose is to focus on God’s healing power through fellowship with others.
How Celebrate Recovery Works
This proven recovery system uses the traditional methods of issue groups, sponsors, accountability partners and special occasions to build recovery for those struggling with addictive habits, codependency, childhood hurts and other life experiences that affect our peace. In Celebrate Recovery groups, the walking wounded study, pray, share and take the steps necessary to experience a better life.
Who Needs Celebrate Recovery?
Anyone can participate in Celebrate Recovery:
- Anyone ready to start a new life
- The churched and the un-churched
- Men and women
- The addicted and their families
- The guilty, sad, or compulsive
- Anyone in need of recovery
Join us every Thursday
Meal at 6:00pm: Join us in our fellowship hall.
Large Group at 6:30pm: Meet for music, worship and teaching.
Open Share Groups from 7:30-8:30pm: Break into separate groups for men and women for specific recovery areas.
Solid Rock Cafe at 8:30pm: Join others for fellowship, coffee and desert
Childcare for infant through 5th grade from 6:15-8:30pm: No charge
What Is a Hurt, Habit or Hang-up?
A hurt, habit or hang-up is something that hinders our walk with God.
- The feeling of being hurt is an emotional reaction to another person's behavior or to a disturbing situation (abuse, abandonment, codependency, divorce, relationships issues, etc.)
- A habit is an addiction to someone or something (alcoholism, drugs, food, cutting, workaholic, gambling, sex, shopping, smoking, etc.)
- Hang-ups are negative mental attitudes that are used to cope with people or adversity (anger, depression, fear, control, unforgiveness, pride, legalism, etc.)
These life problems can be stumbling blocks or stepping stones. Healing is available through applying the principles of a Bible based recovery process to our lives.