Become a Member
At Florida CEC we look for friends, colleagues, administrators, sisters and brothers unified in the mission of improved life outcomes for all Floridians with disabilities. We at the Council for Exceptional Children in Florida are connecting virtually, locally, regionally and nationally unified under one vision.
To join FCEC please visit International CEC's Membership page or complete a paper application and JOIN CEC TODAY! Please see the document below with chapter numbers to help determine which chapter you should select on your application.
Contact Florida CEC Membership Chairperson, Dr. Moore, if you need any assistance.
Students At FCEC, we realize the strength in our student leadership. We have two positions on our board directly supporting the cultivation of student state leadership. We have created a "Future Professionals" strand at our annual FCEC Conference along with hosting a student mixer. Students coordinate and run an annual silent auction so that they are able to support strengthening the student leadership for the state. Most importantly, we support student scholarships annually (see the "Awards" tab for the scholarship application). Students receive a discounted membership rate (20% off).*
Vision The Council for Exceptional Children is a premier education organization, internationally renowned for its expertise and leadership, working collaboratively with strategic partners to ensure that children and youth with exceptionalities are valued and full participating members of society. As a diverse and vibrant professional community, CEC is a trusted voice in shaping education practice and policy. Florida CEC maintains an approved and updated set of Bylaws, Policies and Procedures. You may download and read the most recent version adopted by the FCEC's board in 2012, see below.
Hispanic Caucus The Council for Exceptional Children is currently organizing the Hispanic Caucus. The CEC Hispanic Caucus is a network of educators interested in advancing the education of Hispanic children with disabilities and supporting the professional advancement of Hispanic American special educators. The Hispanic Caucus serves as a forum for pre-service students, faculty, educators, administrators, and parents to exchange information, share concerns, and make recommendations to CEC. If you are interested in participating, please email Dr. Diana Morales at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
By renewing your membership today, you will continue to access your exclusive member benefits:
- CEC Journals: Stay up to date on cutting-edge research and evidence-based practices from the best minds in special and gifted education.
- CECommunity: Access to the online All-Member Forum to connect, share, and collaborate with thousands of your CEC colleagues.
- Special Interest Divisions: Dive deep into your areas of expertise, access additional interest-related resources, and network with like-minded professionals.
- CEC member discounts: Save with special member pricing on the CEC Convention, professional development, and products in the CECatalog . Plus, save on professional liability and other insurance programs.
- Advocacy updates: Follow the latest news & information about special and gifted education issues in Washington.
*Note to students: If you’re in a part-time or full-time matriculating program you’ll receive a 20% discount from any membership level for up to six cumulative years.