Three Star Project in the Central Vietnam (November 01, 2008)
1. The Children Cancer Family Group is still supported by ACCL from Japan. The Family Meeting is organised every 3 months. In these meetings, children with cancer anf their families are consoled and recommmended how to keep hygien, prevent some infectious deseases, follow well the intructions of doctors.
Three Star Project: (September 14, 2007)
Primary objective : to achieve 30 % increase of 3-year estimated disease-free survival in pediatric patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) appearing in the Central VietNam during next 3 years. In order to obtain this objective, ACCL will help the Pediatric Department of Hue Central Hospital by:
1) building trustworthy relationship
2) assisting protocol and monitoring follow-up
3) providing necessary medicine and facilities
4) supporting clinical research
5) training doctors and nurses
6) sharing information: workshop, conference etc.
7) providing economical and psychosocial support to children & their families as well as survivors after treatment
(Ms Kazuyo Watanabe)