Eat Smart NY is an in-home education program for Food Stamp applicants and recipients.
What You Learn:
* Meal Planning on a budget
* Food preparation skills
* Tips on keeping food safe
* Ideas to control your weight and get moving more
* How to manage on a "tight" budget
* About other community resources that can help you
What We Do:
* Provide up-to-date nutrition information
* Demonstrate new ways of preparing food
* Explore healthy food choices your family will eat
* Show you how to fit "healthy" into your lifestyle
* Provide a supportive learning environment for success
* Help you to set up a workable household budget
* Connect you with community resources that can help you
We also offer:
Information on general nutrition and consumer questions, we will speak
to groups on specific nutritional topics, and all of our classes are
open to the general public.
The ESNY program is funded by the USDA Food Stamp Nutrition
Education Program and the New York State Office of Temporary and
For more information please contact:
The Nutrition Program Educator at email@example.com or by phone at (607) 535-7161.