****THE REGISTRATION FORM IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE OR UNDER THE CLASS SCHEDULE TAB****
It’s that time again for adult Girl Scouts to sign up and attend Fall School. Come to learn, play, meet new friends, connect with old ones, and make many wonderful memories. This year Fall School is at Camp Todd, we want to showcase the many wonderful opportunities that are available there.
So, sign up and join us for the festivities. Come for the day, one night or two nights, but please come and have a blast !
Below you will find Camp Expectations, Directions to Camp, the Menu, a Packing List, Frequently Asked Questions, and Sleeping Accommodations at Camp Todd.
* For Financial Aid Availability please contact the Council Office
1. NO Alcohol is permitted on Girl Scout Property
2. Smoking of cigarettes is ONLY permitted in fire circles. Adults are asked to bring a small tin to use as an ashtray. No “butts” should be thrown into the fire or fire circle. The tin should be taken home and disposed of.
3. Driving at Camp – Driving is not permitted in camp. If you need a ride, please let us know. We will do everything we can to facilitate your movement around camp.
4. Three Step Rule – If you see a vehicle driving on the road on which you are walking, take 3 steps away from the road. When the vehicle has passed, resume your travels.
5. Sign up on the Kaper Chart in your unit to help keep it clean. You should sign into the site on the sheet provided in the unit house and sign up for a job. This will facilitate leaving a place better than we found it.
6. Recycling – there are recycling containers at each site. Please help us in this important effort and make sure recyclables make it to the recyclable dumpster.
7. As always, if you see something amiss, report it. If you see trash, pick it up. Help us keep it clean.
Directions to Main Camp
East of Denton, MD, from Rt. 404, turn West on MD Rt. 16 at stoplight. After passing Williston Lake, take the first left onto Beauchamp Road. The first entrance on the left goes to Whispering Pines and Hideaway. Main camp is the second entrance on the left going to the Program Center, Canvasback, Tall Timbers, Shady Cove and Choptank Lodge.
Directions to Lakeview Lodge
Take Detour Road off Rt. 16 (4-H Park is on this road). At the next left hand bend, look for wood split rail fence and turn right into driveway. Lakeview Lodge will be at the end of the drive near the lake. Or pass main camp to Clark Road (next road on your left just beyond electric sub-station). Go about ¼ mile and take your first left on Detour RD. Lakeview Lodge will be on your left about ½ mile.
You can also plug the address into your GPS unit and sale on in. the address is:
25012 Beauchamp Branch Road
Denton, MD 21629
Sunday Lunch – preordered bag lunches picked up at Sunday Breakfast
Snacks available all weekend in the Program Center in support of the Fall School effort !
You should already know to bring APPROPRIATE CLOTHING and a SLEEPING BAG ! Don’t forget to bring a tote bag/day pack containing your flashlight and extra batteries, permanent pen/marker for bandana signing, and other items you might want (camera, binoculars, etc.) or need (items necessary for a class). But how about those other things that you might not think about ?
a A sheet for sleeping on or under
a Ear plugs
a Aspirin/Tylenol advil,
a Course supplies
a Non-aerosol insect repellent
a Money or credit card for the
Trading Post and small bills
a NO electrical items
a Personal sanitary items
a Mess Kit (if taking a food class)
a Bandana/hat, t-shirt for dyeing
a Extra shoes and socks – no
sandals or open toe/heel shoes
allowed in camp
a Camera, batteries, tapes, film
a Portable “butt” container if you
a Notebook and pen to take notes
a Friday night dinner if you are
eating at camp
a Unbreakable hot/cold water
a White elephant (“junk”/prizes)
How does my gear get to my site if we can't drive?
You can hike it in or we will deliver it. It’s important to make sure all your gear is labeled with your name and in plastic bags in case of inclement weather. Make sure you label in water proof ink ! Please pack light – space is limited.
Will the camp be Bug-Free?
Yes there will probably be bugs. Remember, bugs are attracted to sweet, sticky stuff like hair spray and perfumes – leave them home.
What happens if it rains?
Fall School is notorious for all kinds of weather. You may be hot one day and cold the next. You might even get wet. Fall School will take place unless there is a weather emergency.
STAYING FOR THE WEEKEND?
Unroll your sleeping bag or bedroll in one of our tents, Adirondacks, or lodges.
Lodges – Choptank, Lakeview
Tent – Canvasback
Adirondacks – Hideaway, Whispering Pines, Tall Timbers, Shady Cove
The Bay Shop will be set up from 10-2 on Saturday and will have a variety of items for sale.
Place an order in advance to guarantee your merchandise and pick it up at camp !
Brought to you by the Fall School Committee 2016:
Jan Kirk - Chair
Fall School 2017 >