Holy Rosary Park * Saturday May 23, 2015 * 11am - 4pm
Stage performances 12:15pm - 5pm
Parade will meet at 11am by The Artesian (Angus St & 13th Ave) and travel through the Street Fair to Funville in Holy Rosary Park.
If you are part of a group interested in joining the parade please fill out this Parade RSVP Form.
12:00 - Jay Stoller Jay is a world class musician and drumming instructor hailing from Winnipeg. Join him under the big top for an interactive drumming work shop to delight and inspire beat lovers of all ages.
12:45 -Show Time Showtime is a youth theatre class and camp offered at the University of Regina Conservatory of Performing Arts. Taught this year by Jessica Henrion and assisted by Toby Cougar, Showtime meets once every week for an hour and a half. In this short time students build their skills as actors and actresses by developing characters, projecting their voices, blocking scenes, transitioning between scenes, and building stage presence. This afternoon, Showtime is delighted to present eight featured members of the class performing monologues from "Puzzle Pieces" and other various plays.
1:30 - Belly Dance with Linda Belly Dance with Linda presents Tribal Style Belly Dance in a game of follow the leader. Join us as we teach you how to isolate your body parts and demonstrate for you how it’s magically put together. Every performance is unique created specially for you.
2:15 -Glee Glee is a youth musical theatre class and camp offered at the University of Regina Conservatory of Performing Arts. Taught this year by Fallon Hantelman Stewart and Jessica Henrion, Glee meets once a week for two hours to learn songs, dances, and a little bit of theatre, too! Our 8-11 year olds are proud to perform music from both Camp Rock and High School Music for your viewing and listening pleasure. Enjoy the show!
3:00 - Scottish Country Dancers Join the Regina Chapter of the Royal Scottish Country Dance Society (RSCDS) in an energetic, interactive, and educational showcase of the social dance styles of Scotland.
3:45 - Moose Javians Cowboys and cowgirls come on down, cowboy poet, Ken Mitchell, is in town and he's brought some friends. This group has entertained audiences across the Canadian Prairies and beyond, you won't want to miss them here on the Funville stage!
4:30 - Terrance Littletent
1. Prairie Sky School Join parents and students of PSS in their beautiful festival tent for fun games and art!
2. Early Years Family Centre For our youngest festival goers, an OASIS!
3. Kindermusik: Make percussion instrument and join in games and songs typical of usual Kindermusik classes!
4. Regina Astronomical Society: Members of Regina's Astronomical Society will be in Funville with equipment to safely view the sun!
5. East Zone Fencing: Ever wanted to test your hand at the iconic sport of Fencing? Come on down to Funville and give it a try at the East Zone Fencing station!
6. Regina Quidditch Club Any Harry Potter fans up for a Muggle match?! Learn the rules at Quidditch Canada
7. Saskatchewan Science Centre: What creative genius doesn't want their very own robot? Now's your chance to build one! ARTbots are coming to Funville.
8. E.Y.E.S. This weird science? Tried, tested and true. Be blinded by it!
9. Prairie Puppet Underground The curious art of puppetry, try your hand at this creative and whimsical story telling form.
10. Regina Costume League: Come see find your favourite fictional characters, challenge them to an epic light sabre battle and get your new profile pic taken.
11. MySask 411 Get your paint on at the MySask 411 splatter wall.
12. Sasktel:Collaborate with artists to create your very own wearable art!
The Original Snack Shack on Wheels will be serving up poutine, hot dogs, burgers & drinks for purchase.
Pure Sweetness Cotton Candy Company will be serving up popcorn, cotton candy and snow cones for purchase