Sugar flower cakes - South african flower essences - How to make a candy bouquet.
Sugar Flower Cakes
- (Sugar Flowers) Are handmade from gum paste, these flowers are delicate. They must be stored in an airtight container.
- An item of soft, sweet food made from a mixture of flour, shortening, eggs, sugar, and other ingredients, baked and often decorated
- A flattish, compact mass of something, esp. soap
- (cake) a block of solid substance (such as soap or wax); "a bar of chocolate"
- (cake) coat: form a coat over; "Dirt had coated her face"
- An item of savory food formed into a flat, round shape, and typically baked or fried
- (cake) patty: small flat mass of chopped food
sugar flower cakes - Decorative Sugar
Decorative Sugar Flowers for Cakes: The Classic Step-by-Step Series
In this fantastic collection, a superlative variety of hand-crafted flowers is presented with easy step-by-step instructions so that with time, skill, patience, and a few practical hints, beautiful flowers can be created by anyone. The uses of sugar flowers are varied: brides can have flowers copied in sugar from their bridal spray, and birthday, christening, anniversary, and other special occasion cakes can be enhanced with these exquisite decorations. Background information on each flower is provided along with details of the flowering season and appropriate uses. For beginners, valuable information on the necessary equipment and how to make and use flower paste is included, and experts will find a new collection of flowers to test their skills.
Sugar Flower Drapped Wedding Cake
This cake was for a family friend and his bride. Her colors were purple so I painted the flowers to match. Bottom tier was Butter-Lemon Cake, next layer was Chocolate-Raspberry, next two layers were Red Velvet with Marshmallow Frosting.
Flower Cake Pop
French vanilla cake with dark chocolate covering and chocolate sugar. Sugar flowers (purchased) toppers for design.