TRUMPETS REVIEWS : SPANISH GUITAR WEDDING MUSIC
- (trumpet) cornet: a brass musical instrument with a brilliant tone; has a narrow tube and a flared bell and is played by means of valves
- (trumpet) proclaim on, or as if on, a trumpet; "Liberals like to trumpet their opposition to the death penalty"
- A brass musical instrument with a flared bell and a bright, penetrating tone. The modern instrument has the tubing looped to form a straight-sided coil, with three valves
- An organ reed stop with a quality resembling that of a trumpet
- Something shaped like a trumpet, esp. the tubular corona of a daffodil flower
- huntsman's horn: pitcher plant of southeastern United States having erect yellow trumpet-shaped pitchers with wide mouths and erect lids
- (review) reappraisal: a new appraisal or evaluation
- A formal assessment or examination of something with the possibility or intention of instituting change if necessary
- A periodical publication with critical articles on current events, the arts, etc
- A critical appraisal of a book, play, movie, exhibition, etc., published in a newspaper or magazine
- (review) look at again; examine again; "let's review your situation"
- (review) an essay or article that gives a critical evaluation (as of a book or play)
Competition features rising trumpet stars
The Carmine Caruso International Jazz Trumpet Competition - considered the most prestigious competition for jazz trumpeters in the world - was held at Juanita K. Hammons Hall Sept. 23-24. (Photo by Jesse Scheve)
The Trumpet, the student-run newspaper, currently has positions that are being reviewed. These positions' salaries may be switched from stipends to hourly wages.