Hello Fellow NOVA Members,
We have an exciting rally for all of you to attend! The Wagon Master of the Mohican Valley of Ohio WBCCI Unit, Don Berry and his wife, Lexie, have put together a wonderful joint rally for our two units. We wanted to get information out to you for planning purposes, hoping that you can make time to attend this special Sternwheel Joint Rally in the beautiful city of Marietta, Ohio.
· What: Sternwheel Joint Rally (Mohican Valley of Ohio and NOVA Units)
· Where: Marietta, Ohio, with camping at the Washington County Fairgrounds in Marietta
· When: Thursday, September 10 (noon) through Sunday, September 13 (noon). There is an optional Sunday noon to Monday noon for those who want to stay one more day for festivities.
STERNWHEEL JOINT RALLY INFORMATION:
Camping Location: Washington County Fairgrounds.
Fairgrounds has a nice camping area which Don reserved back in March.
The sites have 30 and 50 amp electric with water hookups. There is a
dump station on the fairgrounds. Don has a 30’ x 40’ awning with
tables for shade and shelter. There will be shuttle buses that run from
the fairgrounds to the waterfront, which is the hub of the festival.
Events: Sternwheel Festival.
There are many free events at the festival, including many self-guided tours of this wonderfully, historic town of Marietta. Materials will be provided to all rally attendees once you arrive. The Sternwheel Festival kicks off with the Opening Ceremony at 6 p.m. on Friday, September 11. The festival promises to have 30-35 sternwheelers (sternwheelers that travel from the Mississippi to Pittsburg), 300 custom and antique cars, and additional vendors in the historic riverfront of downtown Marietta. On Sunday, September 13, there will be an antique car show and sternwheeler races. All of the events can be found at the Sternwheel official website: ohioriversternwheelfestival.org.
In addition, there is a Marietta City Trolley Tour. I happened to have taken the trolley tour and found it to be excellent. There was a lot of information provided; I know we plan to attend again. Cost: $10/pp.
The Sternwheel Dinner Cruise will be on Saturday, and it includes a two-hour ride on the Valley Gem Sternwheeler. The dinner is the captain’s buffet dinner which includes prime rib and two other meats. There will be wonderful festival fireworks over the water after the cruise returns to port. Cost: $37/pp.
We hope that members of our NOVA Chapter will see this as a great opportunity to camp together in a beautiful historic city with other Airstreamers. Thousands of visitors come to this event, and we are very lucky to have secured camping and event arrangements.
Reservations for the Sternwheel Joint Rally.
Please email or call Brad Briggs ASAP or by July 31, 2015 to let him know if you are coming. Rally fees and deposit information will be in another email with more information about the rally agenda.
When you contact me, I will need to know the following:
1. Are you able to attend the Sternwheeler Joint Rally? ($35.00 per day for a total of $105.)
2. Do you wish to stay the extra day, Sunday night, September 13? (Add $35.00.)
3. How many reserve tickets would you like for the Sternwheeler Dinner Cruise? ($37.00 per person.)
4. How many reserve tickets would you like for the trolley tour of the City of Marietta? ($10.00 per person.)
Hope to hear from you soon,
Brad and Jane Briggs