Through CSP Training, we offer bespoke seminars, workshops and training programmes for organisations and communities globally on a range of topics related to environmental quality, sustainability, policy and planning. These events can be from a few hours to several days depending on the depth of engagement needed for participants, and can be offered on-line or in person.
Each event includes one or more of the following elements needed to move from sustainability ambitions to implementation:
1. Developing a sound evidence base of an organisation's or community's sustainability performance and how that is related to specific ways they use material and energy.
2. Assessing alternative ways to change their energy and material use to significantly improve their sustainability while maintaining or even growing profitability and services.
3. Characterising the uncertainty in these assessments, so organisations can understand the chances that a transition will be successful in improving sustainability.
4. Using this uncertainty in multi-criteria and robust decision-making so the organisation can identify effective strategies for improving sustainability, ensuring that the decisions are robust (or successful) under a wide range of possible futures with different policy, technology, regulatory, economic and consumer implications.
5. Identifying how these strategies will be implemented through a combination of changes in institutional capacity and organisational behaviour, including changes in decision processes, management structure, employee training, performance metrics, branding and supply chain management.
6. Building a solid business case for these strategies, and communicating that business case to the many layers of an organisation and its clients so everyone understands why these strategies are desirable.
7. Bringing together the government, business and community stakeholders to work collectively towards a sustainable solution that benefits all.
The events are designed to enhance institutional capacity within an organisation, enabling effective collaboration between a firm, government and consumers. Therefore all evidence, models, data and procedures developed become the property of the organisation, and the employees are ready to carry on the work into the future.
The training workshops include narrated Powerpoint modules that allow attendees to review the material at their leisure. Current topics of modules are found below. They can be downloaded for free from my Google Drive using the hyperlinks provided. Download one or more, Save them to your computer, Open the file in Powerpoint, enable your speakers, and then Play in Slideshow mode. The files are rather large (20-40 Mb each), so give them time to download. They have been checked for viruses.
- Carbon footprints and reduction for individuals, organisations and communities
- Collective action issues in sustainability
- Cumulative risk assessment
- Driving demand for cleantech solutions
- Human health co-benefits of climate policy under economic development
- Is there a real threat of stranded carbon assets?
- Macroeconomics and environmental impacts of business
- Multi-criteria analysis for development decisions
- Policy evaluation for sustainable business
- Principles of health risk assessment Part 1
- Principles of health risk assessment Part 2
- Supporting claims for innovation cleantech and sustainability
- Technology innovation and sustainable business
- The categories of cleantech and their role in solutions
- The actors in sustainability and their role in solutions
- The contribution of cleantech to sustainability
- The influence of consumer-based policies on global carbon
- The meaning of sustainability and the role of cleantech
- The role of the investment and finance community
- The vulnerability of business to environmental change
- Understanding climate change science and policy
- Understanding environmental impacts of business (qualitative)
- Understanding environmental impacts of business (quantitative)
Examples of past workshops
‣ Climate Change Science and Policy for the National Reform and Development Commission of China
‣ Making the Sustainability Case for applicants to the RBS Innovation Gateway
‣ Sustainability Assessment for the Environment Agency Abu Dhabi
‣ Sustainable, Low Carbon and Smart Cities for governors of provinces of China
If you would like a bespoke workshop, seminar or talk developed for your employees or stakeholders, please Contact Us to arrange a discussion.