Job: Social Media
We are looking for a well-organised, enthusiastic and social-media savvy person to act as a Social Media Volunteer to take care of our twitter and Facebook accounts.
These accounts are a crucial link between the public and the organisation and play an important role in campaigning, collecting donations (monetary and in kind), and recruiting for volunteer roles.
You will liaise with other teams in the organisation to pass information back and forth.
Together with the PR lead and deputy lead you will also work on a social media strategy to maximize our presence and give a coherent message across platforms.
Your work will be overseen by one of the trustees or someone appointed by a trustee.
The role specifically involves:
- Working as part of a team
- Liaising with social media volunteer in charge of Twitter
- Monitoring the CRRC Facebook account daily
- Time commitment of around 3 hours a week as required
- Liaising and sharing information with other teams in the organisation
- Playing an important part in mobilising new supporters for CRRC
- Contributing with others to maintaining a vibrant CRRC social media strategy
- Working with other CRRC volunteers as necessary
- Good working knowledge of Facebook
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritise and complete tasks within deadlines
- Some familiarity with online tools, mainly Google Apps
- Experience working in a similar environment or role would be ideal but is not necessary as training will be given
In return, you’ll get an opportunity to:
- Make a positive contribution to the public understanding of refugee issues
- Work with a wonderful and passionate group of volunteers from the Cambridge area
- Develop your organizational and communication skills
- Make a real and significant difference to the lives of refugees