Job: Focal Point
We are seeking enthusiastic and committed volunteers who will be at the heart of our efforts to assist families in resettling in Cambridge. Our aim is to appoint a Focal Point (FP) to each family settling in Cambridgeshire to ensure that we are aware of the individual needs of the families. We expect a minimum commitment of 6 months.
The role involves:
- Supporting family members with developing their English language skills;
- Liaising with CRRC’s Adult English Language Programme coordinator and the Children’s Tuition coordinator to ensure the family members receive appropriate support;
- Liaising with the children’s schools to support educational needs and progress;
- Informing the Board of Trustees of the family’s wishes to be involved in community-based activities which CRRC can sponsor;
- Liaising with the Donations team to ensure the family has the goods that they need;
- Support the family with health-related aspects, transport, troubleshooting, etc.;
- Other support as needed.
You will not be expected to meet all the needs yourself but rather to facilitate provision where required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team and to delegate tasks;
- Knowledge of Arabic would be beneficial but is not required as we will provide interpreters;
In return, you’ll get an opportunity to:
- Meet a wonderful and passionate group of volunteers from the Cambridge area;
- Make a real and significant difference to the lives of refugees.
If you are interested in this role, please complete our application form: https://tinyurl.com/ycpznepz.