Job: English one-to-one Teaching
We are seeking enthusiastic and experienced English language teachers to provide one-to-one in-home support to supplement adults’ language learning. Most of the people we support are absolute beginners so experience of teaching beginners would be an advantage. Sessions will usually be additional to class teaching and should complement what is learnt in class. Ideally, you will be able to commit 1-2 hours every week. You will be required to undergo a DBS check.
Please fill in the application form to apply.
The role involves:
• Planning weekly one-to-one sessions, tailored to individual needs;
• Keeping up-to-date with the material covered in class teaching, where appropriate;
• Providing additional opportunities for students to practice and revise the material covered in class and to ask questions;
• Helping students develop the ability to communicate in everyday situations with emphasis on speaking.
• English teaching qualification and/or experience of teaching adults;
• Ability to tailor material to individual needs;
• Ability to teach complete beginners;
• Excellent organisational and communication skills.
In return, you’ll get an opportunity to:
• Further develop your teaching skills;
• Gain experience teaching English to refugees;
• Meet a wonderful and passionate group of volunteers from the Cambridge area;
• Make a real and significant difference to the lives of refugees.