Job: Childcare Volunteers
We are looking for experienced and committed volunteers to take care of pre-school children of a range of ages in order to allow their parents to focus on English language classes. The majority of the classes are held on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday mornings at 10am-12pm in Cambridge but there may be some other ad-hoc needs.
This is a key front-line support job where you will be helping resettlement families as part of their ongoing support. Your work will be overseen by one of the trustees or someone appointed by a trustee.
As the role involves close contact with vulnerable persons the post is subject to DBS checks. Further information can be found at:
The role specifically involves:
- Providing childcare at the teaching location
- Building trust with individual children and their families
- Coordinating with other childcare volunteers to ensure there is cover at all classes.
- Experienced with care of young children
- Ability to gain the confidence of the families
- Foreign language ability would be a bonus, especially Arabic
- Experience working in a similar environment or role would be ideal but is not essential
In return, you’ll get an opportunity to:
- Have a front-line opportunity to help refugees settle in and make a positive contribution to their ongoing welfare.
- Develop your organizational and communication skills
- Work with a wonderful and passionate group of volunteers from the Cambridge area
- Make a real and significant difference to the lives of refugees
Please fill in the application form if you are interested in these roles https://tinyurl.com/ycpznepz or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.