Welcome to Project Vision, Spring 2014!
Visit our membership page to get the scoop on our membership requirements. We're excited to continue our service, and if you're new to Project Vision, you can learn about what we do. If you have any questions, check out our FAQ page and feel free to email Gail & Anne at email@example.com. We can't wait to meet you! Visit our calendar to stay up-to-date on our upcoming meetings & events.
Total # of people helped to date: 941
1. Cookie Dough Fundraiser
- We are taking cookie dough orders until Tuesday 11/26 at 11pm. Your orders will help fund Project Vision future activities! The cookie dough is $9 for a 2 lb. tub and $12 for a 3 lb tub, and are extremely scrumptious and a great deal for the amount you're getting. You do not have to pay right now; fill out this Order Form first and then pay when you receive your cookie dough. Cookie dough will be delivered around dead week so they can be comfort food during studying! Thanks for all the support, we really appreciate it.
2. Ink Cartridges Fundraiser
- Continue to keep these items in mind and donate them to Project Vision to help raise money for our club. Contact us and we can pick it up!
1. Gingerbread Social & Follow-up this Friday, Nov. 22, @ 5-6pm, 83 Dwinelle
Don't you just love this time of year? This month there is the prospect of the colossal and scrumptious Thanksgiving dinner and then right after there is Christmas where the air is just filled with yummy holiday cheer.
The first 15 min of our joint social & follow-up event will consist of following-up with participants from previous outreach events; the rest of the time will be the Gingerbread social in which we'll have
a friendly little Gingerbread House Making Contest!!!! These contests are the best because you get to eat what you make, win or lose, so come celebrate the holidays with Project Vision, even if it's just an hour. Also it is conveniently right before our mandatory third general meeting so you know you all want to come a meager hour earlier to mingle!
The social can count as one event of the two you need to fulfill active membership in Project Vision so please fill out this Ginger Bread Social Head-Count!
2. General Meeting #3 this Friday, Nov. 22 @ 6-7pm, 83 Dwinelle
Last general meeting of the semester, happening right after the Gingerbread Social & Follow-up! This meeting is mandatory, and please arrive on the dot, NOT ON BERKELEY TIME! If you see any conflicts, please be sure to email Gail and Anne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. End-of-Semester Banquet, Friday, Dec. 6 @ 6-7:30pm at Celia's!
Come close out the semester with your PV buddies at Celia's, 1841 Euclid Ave., with yummy Mexican food! We'd love to see you there!
2. [Upcoming Outreach Events]
Sept. 21: WE Connect Health Fair Oct. 2: RCD Eastmont Oct. 18: RCD International/Stanley Apt. Oct. 24: RCD Fox Courts
Oct. 28: Oakland Elizabeth House Nov. 2: Newman Hall Wellness Event Nov. 12: RCD Harrison Hotel Nov. 16: EOCP Crossroads
- Nov. 20: OHA Palo Vista (sign-up now!)
- Nov. 23: BALDC Hismen Hinnu (sign-up now!)
3. [Ink Cartridge Fundraiser]
Our Directors of Finance found an awesome fundraiser with Funding Factory, in which we can raise money by collecting old ink cartridges and various items (check out the list of acceptable items). Help out Project Vision by bringing any items you have to our next general meeting! If you find that you have items to donate later in the year, shoot us an email and we'll be happy to pick it up. Thanks for the support!
Hi members! Looking to get more involved in Project Vision? Join one of our committees to work with an officer and tackle a project that interests you. Committee participation is 100% voluntary, and is a great way to get experience and have a resume booster. As many of you know, a good number of officers are seniors and will be leaving next year, so we're always on the lookout for potential members to fill our places! If you are interested in any of these projects, please email the indicated officer.
- Design posters to promote Project Vision/our fundraising activities
- Planning a fundraiser to sell snacks outside midterms/final
- Research into the Affordable Care Act, with our research culminating in a brochure that we can have at our events.
- Brainstorm ideas on how to draw more folks to our events! Supplementary publicity materials, incentives at the event, etc.
- Looking into new sites for PV to hit!
- Teaching/leadership workshop every once in a while to aid in communication and decision-making.
- Work on planning for the symposium this February!
- Plan PV member "retreats"
- Brainstrom general social ideas
- Research how to help individuals without SSN
- Reach out to Site for Sore Eyes, LensCrafters, other eyeglasses stores
- We have a whole bunch of sunglasses, brainstorm ways to use them (sunglasses drive, fundraiser?)
Sign up for the RCD Harrison Hotel event here!
Quick Details on the Event:
Where: RCD Harrison Hotel.
Date: Tue., Nov. 12
Time: 3:30-4:30 pm
- Members, if you have extra free time, please remember to fill in a Volunteer Feedback Form for each event you attend, for a chance to win food goodies and to help us better our events in the future.
Thank you to all those who have volunteered at our recent events! The officers are very impressed with our volunteers' enthusiasm and professionalism.
Some important dates coming up:
- Social #1/Follow-Up Session
-Oct. 19th (this Saturday) @259 Dwinelle, 4:00-5:30 pm.
-We'll have a little social for half the time, and then call past event participants to follow-up and ask how well their resources worked for them.
-This event is not required, but is strongly suggested for those seeking active membership. Everyone is welcome to come and have a good time with fellow Project Vision members!
-General Meeting #2
-Friday, Oct. 25th, @ 83 Dwinelle, 6-7pm.
Hello members! Sign up for our next event at RCD International Apartments here.
Quick Details on the Event:
Where: RCD International Apartments
600 International Blvd., Oakland
Date: Fri, Oct. 18
Time: 3:30-4:30 pm
Please email Gail and Anne if you would like to see the response sheet for the sign-ups!
Congrats to everyone who passed the quiz! Some of our officers were tricky with the questions, but everyone handled it well!
Our first * GENERAL MEETING* is on Friday, Sept. 27, 6:30-7:30pm, 140 Barrows.
It is imperative that all members attend, as we'll be going over what to do and expect at events, along with other important stuff. Please be on the dot at 6:30pm, not Berkeley Time!
Please bring your membership dues to the meeting!
- $20 for new members (includes t-shirt)
- $15 for returning members who want the new t-shirt
- $10 for returning members who don't want the new t-shit & have the old maroon t-shirt
See you all then!
What an event! Project Vision helped 110 people connect with personalized eye-care resources at the WE Connect Health Fair. Meanwhile, some of our volunteers also discovered a talent for speaking fluent Spanish. Thank you for all your hard work, volunteers!
It's been a long while since we've had an event, and it's finally here!! Our first event of the 2013 fall semester: WE-Connect Health Fair in Oakland!
Returning members only at this event. If you have time this SATURDAY 9/21, please come on out and help people connect with eye-care resources!
Date: Saturday, Sept. 21, 2013
Location: 2825 International Boulevard, Oakland
Shift 1: 7:30AM-11AM (event only starts at 9AM, but 7:30AM orientation is necessary)
Shift 2: 11AM-2PM