Make plans to join friends from the California Geographical Society in San Diego County this spring,
April 28-30, 2017.
Details of the conference are forthcoming.
We plan to open registration in mid-February as we always do, but in the meantime, estimates of costs and schedules are below.
Help get the word out, and get your students and colleagues ready to come to San Diego County in the Spring!
Here's what you should expect in terms of fees and costs.
- Membership fees : $10 for students, $25 for non-students
- Registration fees: $40 for students, $60 for non-students
- Friday BBQ (free)
- Lunch (optional - $10)
- Banquet (free for student presenters, $20 for other students, $30 for faculty, others)
- Field trip costs (vary from $10 to $50)
- Lodging - varies greatly.
- Transportation - varies
- Parking - varies.
Items 1-6 above can be purchased online via the registration form. You will need a credit card or a PayPal account to complete the process. You can pay by check as well. Students can ask faculty or departments to pay for these costs.
For students and faculty looking to present papers:
When you register, you should already have a title and completed abstract for your paper, poster or map. During the online registration process you will be asked to copy and paste your title and abstract into a web-form. That tile and abstract will appear in the conference program, which is published a week or two before the conference itself.
If you plan to enter a student competition, please follow closely the guidelines established by the various calls for papers that will be posted here, once registration opens. You may compete for prize money and recognition for papers (oral presentations of research) posters, and cartography.
The links below provide the information you need to register and prepare for the conference.
The registration form links are near the bottom of this page, but please take time to read the registration information, paper/poster/cartography guidelines, field trip descriptions, etc. before registering for the conference.
Program and Abstracts - FORTHCOMING
- Conference Session Planner (.pdf) - Forthcoming
- Use to help you plan your visits to papers and posters.
- Conference Program (.pdf) - Forthcoming
- Conference Abstracts (.pdf) - Forthcoming
- Use "find" to search for topics, names, titles, etc.
- Cartography Abstracts (.pdf) - Forthcoming
- Poster Abstracts (.pdf) - Forthcoming
- Graduate Paper Abstracts (.pdf) - Forthcoming
- Undergraduate Paper Abstracts (.pdf) - Forthcoming
Presentation Information - Read Before Registering
Call for Presentations: Maps, Posters, Papers - Deadline - FORTHCOMING
- David Lantis Scholarship Flyer (.pdf)
- Student Poster Competition Flyer (.pdf)
- Student Paper Competition Flyer (.pdf)
- McKnight Professional Paper Awards
- Geosystems Award
- Student Cartography Competition Flyer (.pdf)
- Student Travel Award Flyer (.pdf)
- RAFFLE FLIER! (.jpg) - (.pdf) -
- Put together a basket of goodies or bring some
Geo-swag to help maintain the student travel fund account
Additional Conference Information
Maps and Directions
Carpooling and Ridesharing
- Visit the California Geographical Society's Facebook page for networking and contacts...or just contact one of the CGS board for tips to get to the conference "green".