posted Mar 29, 2012, 8:38 AM by calane cala
A Symposium Planning Committee for the CALA/NE Chapter 2012 Symposium has been formed. On March 23, the committee had its first meeting at the NYPL Mid-Manhattan Library in Manhattan. 12 committee members were present. Decisions were made on the date, location, and format. Progress was made on deciding on the symposium topic/theme. Further discussion and planning are to be continued online via a WordPress blog site.
Here are some highlights of the meeting:
- Symposium Date: Friday, Oct. 5, 2012 (morning or afternoon to be decided)
- Location: New York City Public Library, Mid-Manhattan Branch, Conference Room.
- Format: two keynote speakers, each for 45
minutes and 30 minutes at the end for a Q & A session
- Target Audience: all CALA/NE members and
librarians in New York, and nearby states.
- Some of the Topics Discussed:
- Collaboration, collection development, and resource Sharing
- The future
of academic libraries
- Meeting the challenges of global studies program at digital age: innovation and resource sharing: NYU,
NYPL and Columbia libraries sharing their resources and collection development
- Embracing the changes: cultural diversity and global outreach