posted Jun 16, 2010, 2:13 PM by calane cala
updated Nov 22, 2010, 10:25 PM
- CALA Member Activity: Seeing Broadway Show "Mary Poppins", October 25th, 2009
- New York Public Library Mid-Manhattan Library
Presentation by KaChuen Yuan and Sheau Yueh Chao,entitled "In Search of the Roots
of President Yuan Shikai's Family: a granddaughter's genealogical research journey
to China", March 7th, 2009
- Queens Public Library Flushing Branch
Chinese Music Concert and Jade Musical Instruments Exhibit, Nov. 24, 2008
- Queens Library Forest Hill Community Library
Photographic Memorial on Wang Luo Bin, with Choir by Uncle Yao, March 15, 2008
- "Facets of the Chinese Culture – Meet the Chinese-American Authors"
Location: Chatham Square Library of the New York Public Library in Chinatown,
NY, June 2, 2007 (Saturday), 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- "Breaking Down Barriers to Serve our Diverse Communities"
2007 Joint Mini Conference REFORMA Northeast, AILA, APALA, BCALA, and CALA.
Location: Chatham Square Library of the New York Public Library in Chinatown, NY
Date: May 18.2007 (Friday), 10:30 am - 3:30 pm
- "Let's Get Entertained"
Program includes a Get-together lunch, an "Inside CNN" tour, and the Broadway show "Lion King". December 10, 2006
- "Copyright in China"
June 17, 2006 at Flushing Li brary's Rooms A & B
- "International Conference on Overseas Chinese Li terature"
Co-sponsored by the China Institute, Wen Xin Literary Association and the CALA/NE
October 29-30, 2005, Flushing Library's Auditorium
- "Serving Multilingual, Multicultural Populations in the Information Age"
Co-sponsored by CALA/NE and Brooklyn Public Library
April 9th, 2005, Brooklyn Public Library
- "New York Chinese: The Unfinished Journey"
Co-sponsored by CALA/NE and Queens Borough Public Library International Resource Center
November 13, 2004, Flushing Library
- "A guided tour of the New York Chinese Scholar's Garden", Oct. 23, 1999
- "A Day in the Life of a Newsperson" by Kaity Tong, May 22, 1999
- "Queens Library in the New Millennium", February 20, 1999
- "Clearing a Way for China's Future" by Dr. Jonathan D. Spence, May 2, 1998
- "The Stories on Our Faces: Appropriating Narrative in Everyday Life"
by David Henry Hwang, Oct. 4, 1997