Information Technology/Business Management professional with over 10 years of strategic planning and project management experience in the areas of:
· IT Security
· Operational Risk Management
· Insider Threat Analysis & Mitigation
· Regulatory Compliance
· Advanced Threat & Fraud Detection
· Asset Protection
Focused on the alignment of information technologies with business objectives to achieve and maintain a competitive edge in the marketplace.
Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Management
University of Maryland University College
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Interview and Interrogation Techniques
Wicklander-Zulawski and Associates
Multi-Store Asset Protection Manager (fka District Investigator), The Home Depot (December 2011 – Present)
· Promoted to newly created position to develop operational programs and implement shrink mitigation procedures. Effectively manage and assess threats, vulnerabilities and risk to enhance profitability performance of 8 stores with over $350M in sales in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan market.
· Analyze shrink reports, Profit & Loss statements and theft data to identify and pursue financial improvement opportunity tactics by increasing sales by $2.7M while decreasing shrink by $451K (1.69%) vs LY.
· Leverage Identity and Access Management (IDAM) technologies to combat insider threats and fraud detection with a 300% increase of successful resolved incidents over last year. Utilize information systems for data reporting and analysis and operate and maintain collaboration sites. Employ technical and physical access controls ensuring the principle of least privilege.
· Safeguard the handling of Personally Identifiable Information (PII). Ensure compliance of Governance, Risk, & Compliance (GRC), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Regulatory Compliance, Code of Conduct and Acceptable Use Policies. Hire, train and monitor employees.
Asset Protection Manager, The Home Depot (July 2008 – December 2011)
· Managed for risk mitigation and profitability for 4 high-risk stores in the Baltimore metropolitan market. Drove the execution of core programs to exceed sales goal by $5.8M and operating expenses plan by 4.8%.
· Executed preventive, mitigating and compensating controls to ensure appropriate levels of protection and adherence to the goals of security strategies substantiated by favorable inspections by executive management.
· Directed development and implementation of loss prevention, operational and safety programs to reduce store vulnerabilities for an 11bps shrink reduction.
· Developed 2 companywide adopted best practices implemented across 2,248 stores nationwide:
o Implemented a manual on the protection standard of company assets including increasing awareness and device effectiveness.
o Produced an accredited awareness presentation on utilizing controllable operations profitability improvement focused on procedures to reduce company expenses by over $530K a quarter.
· Prepared and conducted risk assessment, financial and safety audits regularly. Led seminars to enhance knowledge of loss prevention and safety goals.
Loss Prevention Manager, Kmart Corporation (July 2007 - July 2008)
· Detected and resolved theft exposure and controlled operational deficiencies to reduce shrink. Applied Aspect and Boolean logic for exception based reporting; applied data-mining and intelligence analysis techniques to historical data to investigate contain and prosecute threat agents to lead the market with over 55 apprehensions.
· Participated in the preparation, completion and follow-up of inventory processes. Taught loss prevention classes to team members and management.
Regional Organized Retail Crime Investigator, Limited Brands (July 2006 – July 2007)
· Resolved cases of organized theft across Limited Brands owned companies and corresponding supply chains of over 500 stores across the enterprise including Victoria’s Secret, Express, The Limited, Bath and Body Works, Henri Bendel, White Barn Candle, and Diva London. Worked in cooperation with local, state, and federal law enforcement to stop theft before it seriously affected assets.
· Proficiently utilized systems reports and databases to identify and communicate criminal activity impacting company assets. Collected and processed evidence and engaged in fieldwork including surveillance of subjects and intelligence collection, enabling prosecution of career criminals and advanced persistent threats.
Accomplished Amateur Runner; 2015 Boston Marathon Qualifier
Why Newton Hills? The Newton Hills are four hills, culminating in the infamous Heartbreak Hill along the Boston Marathon course. These hills, which begin at Mile 16 and stretch until Mile 21 are the hardest part of the marathon, intensified by their placement in the marathon distance where muscle glycogen stores are most likely to be depleted, known as "hitting the wall.” In essence, they make up the hardest part of one of the hardest marathons. The Boston Marathon, founded in 1897 and one of the world's oldest annual marathons, requires participants to achieve certain qualifying standards based on previous marathon times - known as Boston Qualifying (or BQ). When I decided to live a healthier lifestyle in 2010, my ultimate goal was to qualify and run the Boston Marathon, and with my recent qualifying time at the 2014 Phoenix Marathon - I qualified and will hopefully be running in the 2015 Boston Marathon. My goals enable me to reach higher and higher and I am looking forward to conquering my next goal - the Newton Hills.