Cabot Public Schools
We believe student engagement is critical to student learning.
Make it fun and learning happens.
Build routines and everyone knows what to expect.
Keep students involved and they stay out of trouble.
Make it real and students are interested.
Work together and everyone accomplishes more.
- Smart Board
- Virtual manipulatives, field trips, experiments...
- Visual images
- Electronic portfolio, presentations
- Web Navigation/Development
- Project-based Learning
- Physical Activity (EX: Kagan Structures)
- Multiple Intelligences
- Extracurricular activities
- Current events/issues
- Real World Applications
- Organize information for themselves
- Generate new ideas
- Challenging projects
- Teacher knows and acknowledges student interests, learning style, strength/weaknesses
- Learning activities with high student participation
- Sense of humor, but not sarcasm
- Use variety and novelty in lessons
- Promote creativity
Use games/simulations to target specific skills (EX: Jeopardy, Deal or No Deal, etc.)