Fireplace Decoration Ideas. Party Streamer Decoration Ideas
Fireplace Decoration Ideas
- an award for winning a championship or commemorating some other event
- something used to beautify
- the act of decorating something (in the hope of making it more attractive)
- The process or art of decorating or adorning something
- A thing that serves as an ornament
- A structure surrounding such a place
- A place for a domestic fire, esp. a grate or hearth at the base of a chimney
- an open recess in a wall at the base of a chimney where a fire can be built; "the fireplace was so large you could walk inside it"; "he laid a fire in the hearth and lit it"; "the hearth was black with the charcoal of many fires"
- (Fireplaces) A fireplace can offer warmth, ambience, and an inviting focal point in a home. Fire provides the perfect atmosphere for social interaction, and watching the dancing flames is a mesmerizing experience.
- A fireplace is an architectural structure to contain a fire for heating and, especially historically, for cooking. A fire is contained in a firebox or firepit; a chimney or other flue directs gas and particulate exhaust to escape.
- An opinion or belief
- (idea) the content of cognition; the main thing you are thinking about; "it was not a good idea"; "the thought never entered my mind"
- (idea) a personal view; "he has an idea that we don't like him"
- A concept or mental impression
- (idea) mind: your intention; what you intend to do; "he had in mind to see his old teacher"; "the idea of the game is to capture all the pieces"
- A thought or suggestion as to a possible course of action
Redwood Burl 1
This year, a lot of my job has been hiking creeks. As such I see lots and lots of driftwood. I LOVE driftwood. It has a beautiful simplicity and yet complexity, in home decor it is both calming and warming. It's great stuff. So as I hiked along my merry way I began to grab pieces that I thought were particularly worth carrying 2 miles to the car. I then had a bunch of driftwood and no place for it, and no idea what to do with it. That's when I had an epiphany (of sorts). I'll make table and mantlepieces. I would bring the wood home, dry it out, and then bore and chisel holes for candles. And thus is born my Wood and Warmth: Driftwood Centerpieces line of woodcarving art.
This is a picture of our fireplace on November 20, 2008. It's an electric fireplace that just plugs right into the wall. We can't hang our stockings on it because it blocks the vent where the heat blows out so thats why the stockings are hung around the doors.