Birth name: William Clark Gable
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Gray
Height: 6' 1"
Nickname: "The king of Hollywood"
Quote: "The only reason they come to see me is that I know that life is great - and they know I know it."
William Clark Gable (February 1, 1901 – November 16, 1960) was an American film actor and military officer, at his height during the 1930s and 1940s, often referred to as "The King of Hollywood". He began his career appearing as an extra in Hollywood silent films between 1924 and 1926, and progressed to supporting roles with a few films for Metro-Goldwyn-Mayerin 1930. The next year, he landed his first leading role, and over the next three decades, he was a leading man in more than 60 motion pictures.
Gable was best known for Gone With The Wind (1939), as Rhett Butler opposite co-star Vivien Leigh as Scarlett O'Hara. He won the Academy Award for Best Actor for Frank Capra's It Happened One Night (1934), and was nominated for leading roles in Mutiny on the Bounty (1935) and Gable also found success commercially and critically with films such as Red Dust (1932), Manhattan Melodrama (1934), San Francisco (1936), Saratoga (1937), Test Pilot (1938), Boom Town (1940), The Hucksters (1947), Homecoming (1948), and The Misfits (1961), which was his final screen appearance.
Gable appeared opposite some of the most popular actresses of the time. Joan Crawford was his favorite actress to work with, nd he partnered with her in eight films. Myrna Loy worked with him seven times, and he was paired with Jean Harlow in six productions. He also starred with Lana Turner in four features, and with Norma Shearer and Ava Gardner in three each. Gable's final film, The Misfits (1961), united him with Marilyn Monroe (also in her last completed screen appearance).Gable is considered one of the most consistent box-office performers in history, appearing on Quigley Publishing's annual Top Ten Money Making Stars Poll 16 times. He was named the seventh-greatest male star of classic American cinema by the American Film Institute.
Gable died from complications of a heart attack on November 16, 1960 at the age of 59.
1. Going Hollywood: The War Years (1988) as Himself (Archival Footage).
2. The Misfits (1961) as Gay Langland .
3. It Started in Naples (1960) as Michael Hamilton .
4. But Not for Me (1959) as Russell Ward .
5. Run Silent Run Deep (1958) as Commander "P. J." Richardson .
6. Teacher's Pet (1958) as James Gannon, also know as "Jim Gallagher" .
7. Band of Angels (1957) as Hamish Bond .
8. The King and Four Queens (1956) as Dan Kehoe .
9. The Tall Men (1955) as Ben Allison .
10. Soldier of Fortune (1955) as Hank Lee .
11. Betrayed (1954) as Col. Pieter Deventer .
12. Mogambo (1953) as Victor Marswell .
13. Never Let Me Go (1953) as Philip Sutherland .
14. Lone Star (1952) as Devereaux Burke .
15. Across the Wide Missouri (1951) as Flint Mitchell .
16. Callaway Went Thataway (1951) as .
17. Key to the City (1950) as Steve Fisk .
18. To Please a Lady (1950) as Mike Brannan .
19. Command Decision (1949) as Brigadier General K. C. "Casey" Dennis .
20. Any Number Can Play (1949) as Charley Enley Kyng .
21. Homecoming (1948) as Ulysses Delby Johnson .
22. The Hucksters (1947) as Victor Albee Norman .
23. Adventure (1946) as Harry Patterson .
24. Combat America (1945) as Narrator .
25. Somewhere I'll Find You (1942) as Jonny Davis .
26. Honky Tonk (1941) as "Candy" Johnson .
27. They Met in Bombay (1941) as Gerald Meldrick [also known as Captain Huston] .
28. Strange Cargo (1940) as [André] Verne .
29. Comrade X (1940) as McKinley B. Thompson .
30. Boom Town (1940) as Big John McMasters .
31. Gone With the Wind (1939) as Rhett Butler .
32. Idiot's Delight (1939) as Harry [Van] .
33. Too Hot to Handle (1938) as Chris Hunter .
34. Test Pilot (1938) as Jim [Lane] .
35. Saratoga (1937) as Duke Bradley .
36. Parnell (1937) as [Charles Stewart] Parnell .
37. Wife Vs. Secretary (1936) as Van ["V.S." Stanhope, also known as Jake] .
38. Love on the Run (1936) as Michael Anthony .
39. Cain and Mabel (1936) as Larry Cain .
40. San Francisco (1936) as Blackie Norton .
41. Mutiny on the Bounty (1935) as [Fletcher] Christian .
42. After Office Hours (1935) as Jim Branch .
43. The Call of the Wild (1935) as Jack Thornton .
44. China Seas (1935) as Alan Gaskell .
45. Chained (1934) as Mike Bradley .
46. Manhattan Melodrama (1934) as Blackie Gallagher .
47. Forsaking All Others (1934) as Jeff Williams .
48. Men in White (1934) as Dr. [George] Ferguson .
49. It Happened One Night (1934) as Peter [Warne] .
50. Dancing Lady (1933) as Patch Gallagher .
51. The White Sister (1933) as Giovanni Severi .
52. Night Flight (1933) as Jules Fabian .
53. Hold Your Man (1933) as Eddie [Hall] .
54. Hell Divers (1932) as Steve [Nelson] .
55. Polly of the Circus (1932) as Rev. John Hartley .
56. Strange Interlude (1932) as [Dr.] Ned Darrell .
57. No Man of Her Own (1932) as Babe Stewart .
58. Red Dust (1932) as Dennis ["Fred"] Carson .
59. The Easiest Way (1931) as Nick .
60. The Secret Six (1931) as Carl .
61. Dance, Fools, Dance (1931) as Jake Luva .
62. The Painted Desert (1931) as Rance Brett .
63. Possessed (1931) as Mark Whitney .
64. Laughing Sinners (1931) as Carl .
65. Night Nurse (1931) as Nick .
66. A Free Soul (1931) as Ace Wilfong .
67. Susan Lenox (Her Fall and Rise) (1931) as Rodney [Spencer] .
68. The Finger Points (1931) as Louis Blanco .
69. Sporting Blood (1931) as Rid Riddell .
70. North Star (1925) as Archie West .
71. Forbidden Paradise (1924) as .
72. White Man (1924) as Lady Andrea's brother .