Solar cooking oven. Cooking demo mirror
Solar Cooking Oven
- A solar oven or solar cooker is a device which uses sunlight as its energy source. Because they use no fuel and they cost nothing to run, humanitarian organizations are promoting their use worldwide to help slow deforestation and desertification, caused by using wood as fuel for cooking.
- There have been a number of designs for barbecues that use solar power as a means of cooking food. The device usually involves the use of a curved mirror acting as a parabolic reflector, which focuses the rays of the sun on to a point where the food is to be heated.
- An enclosed compartment, as in a kitchen range, for cooking and heating food
- A cremation chamber in a Nazi concentration camp
- An oven is an enclosed compartment for heating, baking or drying. It is most commonly used in cooking and pottery. Ovens used in pottery are also known as kilns. An oven used for heating or for industrial processes is called a furnace or industrial oven.
- kitchen appliance used for baking or roasting
- A small furnace or kiln
- (Ovens) The small dome-shaped adobe ovens are used just as the old Dutch ovens of Pennsylvania were used. A fire is built in the oven and when it becomes sufficiently hot the coals are all raked out and the bread put in to bake in the heat.
Tulsi solar-electric cooking oven front
View of the oven from the front, the optional side reflector panels are in place. Right now the electric heating elements are not plugged in, but I can connect them with the optional cord if I need more heat.
Roadside Solar Cooking
Just another solar cooking day. This time it was outside work, along the side of the road. I can see it from the office window, it gets great morning sun.
Similar posts: cooking oatmeal cerealcooking enthusiast catalogueall natural cooking recipescooking roast beef dinnerkids cooking blogmetropolitan cooking and entertaining show 2011japan cooking equipmentcooking weight conversionsglen cooking rangeplay cooking games net