USED FARM EQUIPMENT FLORIDA. EQUIPMENT FLORIDA

USED FARM EQUIPMENT FLORIDA. SECONDHAND MUSIC EQUIPMENT.

Used Farm Equipment Florida


used farm equipment florida
    farm equipment
  • means equipment, machinery, and repair parts manufactured for use on farms in connection with the production or preparation for market use of food resources.
  • Agricultural machinery is any kind of machinery used on a farm to help with farming. The best-known example of this kind is the tractor.
    florida
  • a state in southeastern United States between the Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico; one of the Confederate states during the American Civil War
  • Florida is the debut full-length studio album by producer and DJ Diplo.
  • Florida is a Barcelona Metro station in the municipality of L'Hospitalet de Llobregat, served by L1 (red line). The station opened in 1987 as part of the newly-built extension of the subway line further into L'Hospitalet.
  • A state in the southeastern US, on a peninsula that extends into the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico; pop. 15,982,378; capital, Tallahassee; statehood, Mar. 3, 1845 (27). Explored by Ponce de Leon in 1513, it was purchased from Spain by the US in 1819. It is a popular resort and retirement area

Tampa Tower
Tampa Tower
MARITIME LORE Maritime lore maintains that during the time of early European explorers there existed a nautical lighthouse here to guide European ocean frigates from the Bay up through Hillsborough River to replenish their fresh water tanks from the local springs. When the tide came in, ships would come in from Hillsborough Bay up the river to the various springs and artesian wells. The original lighthouse at this location also served as a landmark on pirate and buccaneer treasure maps. There are several pirate-marked trees in the vicinity.A dead pirate still looms in the area according to some old timers.{Fact|date=June 2008}} MODERN HISTORY The water tower was built in 1927 by Grover Poole for realtor and developer Josiah T. Richardson to supply adequate water pressure to the Sulphur Springs Hotel and Apartments and Mave's Arcade Richardson had developed next to Sulphur Spring with plans to expand the resort spa, alligator farm tourist attraction, and other enterprises. Mave's Arcade occupied the first floor of the hotel building and was the first shopping mall in Florida. Richardson mortgaged the entire resort ($180,000 at the time) to finance the construction of the tower. However, in 1933, with the sabotage and collapse of the Tampa Electric Company dam that ripped through downtown Tampa during the Depression (draining cow pasture land that had been inconveniently flooded by the dam's construction), the arcade was heavily damaged, the businesses in the arcade failed, and Richardson lost everything. From construction until 1971, the water tower happily operated as a private water company piping artesian well water to commercial and residential customers in the immediate vicinity. The tower is built over the opening of an artesian well and the water well and pumps are located under the tower itself. Another building was on the property which housed fluoridation and filtering equipment when the water company was in business piping artesian well water directly to customers. Artesian well water is rich in minerals, better tasting than other natural untreated waters and its health benefits are incalculable.[dubious – discuss] In 1971 the owner of the water company and tower was "The Estate of J.F. Hendrick" (several beneficiaries under his will including surviving relatives). They were forced by the City of Tampa in 1971 to cease water piping operations so that the City's water utility company could maintain a monopoly over the business of piping water to citizens. In the 1970s it was home to the Tower Drive-In theater; at one time it was defaced with significant amounts of graffiti, most notably "look out for nuns". An aircraft warning light atop the tower (since removed) was said to have interfered with movie viewing. The screen was backed against the river so people across the river could not view the movie screen without paying admission. All remnants of the drive-in theatre have been removed except for some sea-shell dredgings that were used to pave the theatre's car aisles. In the mid-1980s there was a move to develop the property as a condominium or high-end apartment complext, with the tower preserved as its centerpiece. Ultimately, the project fell through. In 1989 the tower was restored: it was pressure washed and painted with 150 gallons of "graffiti proof paint" donated by Sherwin-Williams Co. with labor donated by Service Painting Corp. 2002 saw a bid by a large chain drugstore to build on the site, but public outcry killed the project. The site was subsequently purchased by the City of Tampa who in 2005 installed lights for nighttime illumination. In what is now called River Tower Park, there is a limited one-lane access road off Bird Street, no facilities and no parking lot. The River Walkway decking is planned to pass under the tower. ARCHITECTURE The structure is constructed from poured cement using railroad rails for "rebar"; the walls are eight inches (203 mm) thick with a buttressed base on solid rock. "Concrete was poured into forms that were raised by yokes and jacks -- 10 feet (3.0 m) went up a day. The tower rests on rock, has cantilever foundation, and with the buttresses will be rather a difficult job to ever destroy," wrote Poole.[citation needed] When it was operational it stored 200,000 gallons of water pumped up from the nearby artesian springs. The water tank occupies the upper quarter of the cylindrical tower while seven floors, one room per floor, constitute the lower three quarters. Original construction included an electric passenger elevator.
Thrasher Warehouse, 1890
Thrasher Warehouse, 1890
The Thrasher Warehouse, located on Cholokka Boulevard at Early Street, was constructed circa 1890. It was served by a branch of the Atlantic Coast Line Railroad until the 1950's. It has two wide service doors with loading platforms. This plain warehouse has Gothic Revival influence with the original wooden shingles covered by a tin roof. There are hand-scrolled wooden purlins under the eaves on both sides with the original red paint still apparent. The warehouse is a wood frame building with horizontal siding and a patterned shingle design in the west gable. The warehouse retains the original cashier's cage, sealed room for seed storage, and even a little of the original pipe which carried carbide gas to the hanging brass light fixtures. The warehouse was used by J.E. Thrasher, Sr. as a part of the general merchandise business which he opened in 1896. The warehouse itself was used primarily for housing all types of farm equipment, hardware, lumber and supplies and was part of a three-building quadrangle. Adjacent were lots for livestock and a livery stable.

used farm equipment florida
See also:
used construction equipment for sale in europe
stereo equipment nashville
playground equipment for daycares
flood rescue equipment
disabled fishing equipment
selling computer equipment
belvedere salon equipment canada
construction equipment manufacturer
Comments