1. Transmissions will be on a nominated frequency in the 2 or 70cms bands, FM, vertical polarisation. *
2. Transmissions will be as follows:
- 2 minutes continuous at start of event.
- 1 minute transmission every 5 minutes.
- 1 minute warning of next transmission.
3. The fox location will be in the area covered by OS Map 175 **
4. The fox will be located within 30 Mtrs of a "hostelry"
5. The fox will be at a fixed point throughout the event.
6. The fox will be visible from the road.
7. Fox to ensure adequate signal strength at the start point, by tests before the event.
8. Power to be between the limits of 1 watt to 25 watts, and to be held at the same level throughout the event.
9. Participants will be started at 1 minute intervals by the appointed Marshal(s).
10. All participants must start from the official starting point.***
11. Starting mileage will be entered on the envelope containing the fox location, together with the callsign of the participant(s).****
12. Opening of the envelope disqualifies the participant.
13. Marshals(s) may take part as the last starter.
14. On locating the fox, the competitor must hand in his/her envelope, which will be marked with the finish mileage.
15. Clues maybe given after the first hour if all participants agree.
* On 2Mtrs, a frequency of 145.200Mhz will be used if possible. On 70cms 434.225Mhz will be used.
** During afternoon or mid summer events anywhere on the map is allowed. During evening events due consideration should be given to weather and light and should be kept close to start location.
***The official starting location will be announced at a club meeting, or in BeechLog.
****The fox will supply sufficient envelopes containing his/her location.
The DF Mug (Donated by G8ZRT) will be presented to the winner by the previous winner.
The holder of the DF Mug at the end of the year will hand it to the committee in order to have it engraved with the years winners.