Peach Muffins with Crumb Topping
Makes 12 Muffins
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
1/4 cup milk, room temperature
1 egg, room temperature
2 medium peaches peeled,pitted and cubed ( a heaping cup full) can use, frozen drained well or canned peaches
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup light brown sugar,packed
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 Teaspoon cinnamon
2 Tablespoons melted butter
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease the cups of a 12 cup muffin tin or use paper liners.
Topping - Combine topping ingredients until mixture is crumbly, set aside.
Muffin Batter Directions:
1. In a large bowl combine the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder ,cinnamon and salt, stir with a fork to combine.
2. In a medium size bowl add the melted butter, milk and egg. Whisk to thoroughly combine.
3. Place the peeled,pitted and cubed peaches in a medium size bowl, toss with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Set aside.
4. Add the milk/egg mixture to the flour mixture and fold together till moist. Add the peaches to the batter and fold till just incorporated.
5. Fill the muffin tins or paper liners 3/4 full, sprinkle batter with topping. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes, testing with a toothpick for doneness. Let cool slightly and remove from muffin tins.