Refrigeration Technology. Maytag Cabinet Depth Refrigerator
- deliberately lowering the body's temperature for therapeutic purposes; "refrigeration by immersing the patient's body in a cold bath"
- (refrigerant) any substance used to provide cooling (as in a refrigerator)
- the process of cooling or freezing (e.g., food) for preservative purposes
- The branch of knowledge dealing with engineering or applied sciences
- engineering: the discipline dealing with the art or science of applying scientific knowledge to practical problems; "he had trouble deciding which branch of engineering to study"
- Machinery and equipment developed from such scientific knowledge
- the practical application of science to commerce or industry
- The application of scientific knowledge for practical purposes, esp. in industry
- (technological) based in scientific and industrial progress; "a technological civilization"
refrigeration technology - Refrigeration and
Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technology, 5th Edition
The "best" in heating, cooling, and refrigeration just got better! It fosters a solid foundation and understanding of environmental problems and their solutions, and displays a depth and detail of theory, diagnostics, and repair procedures that make this a fitting book for basic HVAC-R education as well as upgrading and certification training for technicians in the field. The fifth Edition includes information on typical operating conditions, and offers ample systematic troubleshooting techniques and scenarios with an eye to improving reader's skills. This book has been developed around the National Skill Standards for HVAC-R technicians as funded by the U.S. Department of Education, and contains easy-to-understand language for grasping fundamental and advanced concepts in the HVAC-R field. Product Benefits: * a dedicated chapter on indoor air quality includes more information on various sources of indoor pollution, with an emphasis on molds and remediation for these sources * more and newer technology is addressed for the topics of ice maker service, geothermal heat pumps, alternative refrigerant and oil management, retrofit guidelines, as well as modern recovery, recycling, and reclaiming equipment and techniques * serves as an excellent study guide to prepare technicians for the EPA's Section 608 of the Clean Air Act technician certification exams, as well as the North American Technician Excellence (NATE), the HVAC Excellence, and the Air Conditioning Excellence (ACE) certification exams * the art program showcases updated photos of the latest equipment and technology, including actual working parts; a functional use of color codes adds clarity to key illustrations and diagrams * actual technician service calls are featured, giving chapters a real-world quality that puts readers in a "service mode" * practical application of all technology is emphasized, and terms commonly used by technicians and mechanics in the field make the book easy to read
Vinuenza for web 2
Local Action Global Health - Workshop in Ecuador for poultry farmers - Teaching food safety practices and refrigeration techniques and technology - Led by Lenin Vineunza (second from left) of Machala University
Vinuenza for web
Local Action Global Health - Workshop in Ecuador for poultry farmers - Teaching food safety practices and refrigeration techniques and technology - Led by Lenin Vineunza of Machala University
This edition of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technology: A Spanish Reference Manual consists of selected key topics and text elements, such as service calls, that are chosen for reference by students and technicians. The topics were chosen for their suitability to customer relations, safety and service of equipment. Table of Contents: Contents: Introduction.Career Opportunities.Customer Relations.Safety.Specialized Tools.Basic Electricity.Tubing & Soldering.Troubleshooting Electric Motors .Refrigeration and Refrigerants as Applied to Air Conditioning.Air Conditioning.Air Source Heat Pumps.Electric Heat.Gas Heat.Oil Heat.Hydronic Heat.Spanish/English Glossary