Contact (백승렬, Seungryul Baek)
firstname.lastname@example.org // email@example.com (personal)
I am currently a PhD student @ Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE), Imperial College London, London, SW7 2BT, UK. I am holding the UK Tier-4 Student VISA.
- Computer Vision and Machine Learning (Deep Learning).
- Hand Pose Estimation, Action/Gesture Recognition, Semantic Segmentation, Object Recognition.
- Ph.D. at Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Imperial College London, London, UK.
- M.S. at Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), Daejeon, South Korea.
- Supervisor: Chang D. Yoo
- Feb. 2009 ~ Feb. 2011.
- B.S. at Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), Daejeon, South Korea.
- Mar. 2004 ~ Jan. 2009.
- Computer Vision Engineer, Samsung Electronics, DMC Research, Suwon, South Korea.
- This job is taken as the alternative to the military duties in South Korea.
- Feb. 2011~Feb.2015.
- Seungryul Baek, Kwang In Kim, Tae-Kyun Kim, "Augmented skeleton space transfer for depth-based hand pose estimation", in Proc. of IEEE Conf. on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, 2018 (Oral presentation, 2.1% Accept ratio). [PDF] [SUP]
- Guillermo Garcia-Hernando, Shanxin Yuan, Seungryul Baek, Tae-Kyun Kim, "First-person hand action benchmark with RGB-D videos and 3D hand pose annotations", in Proc. of IEEE Conf. on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, 2018. [PDF]
- Seungryul Baek, Zhiyuan Shi, Masato Kawade, Tae-Kyun Kim, "Kinematic-layout-aware random forests for depth-based action recognition", in Proc. of British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC), London, UK, 2017 (Oral presentation, 5.6% Accept ratio). [PDF] [SUP]
- Seungryul Baek, Kwang In Kim, Tae-Kyun Kim, "Real-time online action detection forests using spatio-temporal contexts", in Proc. of IEEE Winter Conf. on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV), Santa Rosa, CA, USA, 2017. [PDF]
- Seungryul Baek, Taegyu Lim, Yong Seok Heo, Sungbum Park, Hantak Kwak and Woosung Shim, "Superpixel coherency and uncertainty models for semantic segmentation", in Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Computer Vision (ICCV) workshop on PGMs, Sydney, Australia, 2013. [PDF]
- Seungryul Baek, Chang D. Yoo, Sungrack Yun, "Learning a discriminative visual codebook using homonym scheme", in Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), Prague, Czech Republic, 2011 . [PDF]
- Europe Finalist at Qualcomm Innovation Fellowship 2018.
- Silver prize at Samsung Best Paper Awards 2013.
- Reviewer at CVPR 2019, IJCV 2018, BMVC 2018.
- Speaker at SNU-ICL AI and IT Research Workshop 2018 (Munich, Germany), 2017 (London, UK).
- Speaker at Global Top Talent Forum 2018 by Hyundai Motors, Aug. 2018, San Diego, CA, USA.
- Challenge Commitee at ECCV 2018 HANDS Workshop.
- Student Volunteer at BMVC 2017.