Enchanted Rock State Park - April 25 - 27
Arrive SJV Friday by 5:30 for 5:55 departure.
Planned return back to SJV: 3:00 pm Sunday.
- Arrive SJV fed and ready to go.
- Bring lots of water for the weekend - the water is not reliable at Enchanted Rock
- Check the weather: you'll need rain gear and sunscreen!
- We will hike in 2 miles.
- Attention younger Scouts
– we will be working on requirement 1a and b for Second Class. This is
an excellent opportunity to learn these skills and meet the
- Camping Merit Badge - We should also
be able to complete section b or requirement 9 of the camping merit
badge. This is a hard section to complete so I strongly encourage you
to take advantage of this opportunity
- Bring food for Saturday breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sunday breakfast.
- Bring $$ for lunch Sunday.
Instructions for Saturday Arrivals:
you are coming out on Saturday, meet at the trail head for the Summit
Trail at 12:00 noon. A troop representative will be there to meet the
scouts and parents and hike them back to the campsite.
5:30 pm - Arrive at SJV
5:55 - Leave SJV
7:30 - Arrive at Enchanted Rock State Park
8:30 - Arrive at camp
8:30-9:30 - Set up camp
9:30 - PLC
10:00 - Quiet time (State Park rules)
10:30 - Lights out
7:00 am - Revele
7:00-8:00 - Breakfast
8:00 - Flags
8:15-9:00 - Productive
9:00 - leave camp
9:15-12:30 pm - Activity 1
12:30-2:00 - lunch
2:00 - leave camp
2:15-5:30 - Activity 2
5:30-6:00 - Free time
6:00-7:00 - group game
7:00-7:15 - Flags
7:15-8:15 - Dinner
8:15-8:45 - Free time
9:00-10:00 - Campfire
10:00 - Quiet time
10:30 - lights out
6:30 am - Wake up
6:30-7:00 - BreakFast
7:00-7:15 - Flags
7:15-8:30 - Packup
8:30-9:30 - Service project
9:30- 10:00 - Chapel (AT)
10:00-11:00 - hike out
11:00 - Leave
3:00 pm - Arive at church
State park information.