El Rancho Cima Mar 3-5, 2006
Arrive SJV by 5:00 PM for a 5:30 PM departure on Friday. Come fed and ready to go.
Planned return back to SJV: 2:15 - 2:30 PM Sunday.
- Camp information
- El Rancho Cima Map
- Bring your scout book if you do not have First Class Rank.
17:00 - Arrive at SJV
17:30 - Depart for Camp
19:00 - Arrive at El Rancho Cima, set up camp as a patrol
20:15 - PLC, All troop level positions.
20:45 - Free/Quiet time
22:00 - Taps
07:30 - Reveille
08:00 - Morning Colors, Class-A uniform
08:15 - Breakfast
09:00 - Head down to river/ New scouts Toten¹ chip/ Firemanship
10:30 - Begin working on rank Advancement
12:00 - end advancement / lunch@ campsite
13:00 - Teamwork/ scout skills games
15:00 - go to river for tug-o-war, ultimate frisbee, etc.
16:00 - Capture the flag type game (stratigo, deliver the note,
capture the flag, etc.)
18:30 - end games, return to camp
18:45 - Dinner
19:45 - Strike colors
20:00 - Campfire
22:00 - Return to camp- Cool down time
22:30 - Taps
07:00 - Reveille
07:15 - Morning Colors
07:30 - Breakfast
08:15 - TBD
11:00 - Pack up camp
12:00 - Strike Colors and Depart for DQ
Arrive at SJV- 14:15
- I 35 South to San Marcos
- Take Exit 205 in San Marcos
- Turn RT @ light on RR12 and proceed 1.4 miles to Moore St.
- Turn RT on Moore St (RR12) and proceed 9.9 miles to RR32 / RR12 junction
- Straight through RR32 / RR12 junction and proceed 5.4 miles to El Rancho Cima entrance
- The Camp entrance is on the right side of the road ~.3 miles after road side picnic area