Garner State Park November 12-14
Planned departure time: 6:00 pm Friday. (Arrive SJV by 5:45 pm) Come fed and ready to go.
Planned return back to SJV: 5:00 pm Sunday.
- State park information.
- There is potable water at the camp. Bring a couple Naglene bottles of water.
- The boys will have opportunities to fish and horseback ride.
- Horseback riders will need to pay a fee.
- Fishermen need to bring your fishing poles and tackle and your incomplete blue cards.
- For meals, plan on Saturday breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sunday: breakfast and lunch..
- Bring snacks and a daypack for hiking.
- Bring DQ $.
- Bring walk-about radios if you have them.
- Wear layered clothing and bring hats and gloves.
Directions - Planned route for Friday night:
The boys are camping on a piece of private property across the river from Garner State Park.
- Take I- 35 South to San Antonio
- Take 410 Loop west
- Hwy 90 West to Sabinal
- Hwy 127 N to Concan
- go north on Hwy 83 until 1050
- take 1050 East
- drive past Garner State Park entrance
- After going over the bridge take the next right