Life Rank Requirements
- Be active in your troop for at least six months as a Star Scout.
- As a Star Scout, demonstrate Scout spirit by living the Scout Oath and Scout Law. Tell how you have done your duty to God and how you have lived the Scout Law in your everyday life.
- Earn five more merit badges (so that you have 11 in all), including any three additional badges from the required list for Eagle. You may choose any of the 17 merit badges on the required list for Eagle to fulfill this requirement. See Eagle rank requirement #3 for this list.
|Name of Merit Badge||Date Earned|
- While a Star Scout, participate in six hours of service through one or more service projects approved by your Scoutmaster. At least 3 hours of this service must be conservation related.
- While a Star Scout, serve actively in your troop for six months in one or more of the following positions of responsibility (or carry out a unit leader-assigned leadership project to help the troop):
6. While a Star Scout, use the Teaching EDGE method to teach another Scout (preferably younger than you) the skills from ONE of the following choices, so that he is prepared to pass those requirements to his Scoutmaster's satisfaction.
- Patrol leader,
- assistant senior patrol leader,
- senior patrol leader,
- troop guide,
- Order of the Arrow troop representative,
- den chief,
- junior assistant Scoutmaster,
- chaplain aide,
- webmaster, or
- outdoor ethics guide
7. While a Star Scout, participate in a Scoutmaster conference
- Tenderfoot - 4a and 4b (first aid)
- Second Class - 2b, 2c, and 2d (cooking/camping)
- Second Class - 3a and 3d(navigation)
- First Class - 3a, 3b, 3c, and 3d (tools)
- First Class - 4a and 4b (navigation)
- Second Class - 6a and 6b (first aid)
- First Class - 7a and 7b (first aid)
- Three requirements from one of the required Eagle merit badges, as approved by your Scoutmaster.
8. Successfully complete your board of review for the Life rank.